just need some guidance on what type of distortion pedal to get. have a ibanez with fender frontman 25r amp.
i just want a decent one; nothing that'll sound like shit but nothing that will kill my wallet
Try a Proco Rat 2, I've got one and they're very versatile and sound good.
Boss DS-1, Boss DS-2, or Boss MD-2, depending on how much you're willing to spend
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by minixmin
something from boss.... or maybe a tubescreamer

"Fender Frontman 25R"
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I like the Marshall Guv'nor Plus. It makes my Fender Frontman sound surprisingly good, and it's only like seventy bucks.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
new amp definately.
get a FAB distortion for 20 bucks, and then start saving for a good amp.
if you still need a distortion pedal after that, i recommend BOSS DS-2.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by sock_demon
MD-2 ftfw

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Jeckyll and Hyde....

Okay, seriously.

it depends on what you want this for, I am assuming you are a bedroom player for now, if you intend to stay that way for awhile, then it would probably be best to get a Boss DS-1 for a cheap price, and have that until you upgrade your other gear.

OR

If you intend to keep this pedal, and soon start practicing/jamming with friends, then it may be worth lookin in to a slightly better pedal than the DS-1, such as the Pro-co rat...maybe a big muff? (I know its not dist)
korg ax3g multi effects processor its ****ing kick ass, all sorts of distortions from classic to metal and multi reverb effects that make harmonics squeal ..... the pedal is only $50 right now and it has like 80 presets that you can modify / create and save your own settings . i had a fab metal and a washburn phaser before, those were pretty good and i still use them but this pedal kicks any pedal ive used ass ( and ive tried out and used a lot of pedals ) . no matter what you do dont get a boss metal zone or heavy distortion the only boss distortion that doesnt hiss and produce annoying feedback is the ds-1 on medium settings but it s only one effect that the ax3g can produce no problem without any feedback ..... i dont know why im writing all this lol, but its like 7 am and i havent went to bed and drank a lot of code red and dont want to sleep. i would get the korg and then save up for a loud ass solid state amp and 4 x 12 cab and a tube preamp ( you'll get decent tube sound with the korg reverb and tube simulator and with a tube preamp it will be almost unoticeable and the solid state amp will help you save money and amplify your sound really loud ..... crate powerblock is less than $100 right now and puts out 150w rms and the epiphone triggerman 4x12 tweed cab is $300 w/ shipping and handles like 280w rms ..... thats the setup im going for, if not a better amp with the same cab ) . anyone pm me if you've heard the crate / triggerman cab setup and tell me what it sounded like so i know if i should get a better head or not

- John
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page