Page 1 of 4
OK, this might seem like stupid question, but why? Everytime I see a guy with long hair, I stereotype him as a guitarist. This obviously isn't the case, but I don't see too many other people growing their hair for no reason.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
It's just an image statement. I grow my hair, but that's just because I dislike it being short, not because I play guitar. It definitely needs a cut, though.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It allows you to shake your head without hurting
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
My head get's cold with short hair, and I like playing with my hair and tangling my fingers in it.
there's no real reason to have long hair, but same thing with short hair (except maybe easier to maintain) What I didn't like about short hair was that I had to randomly change styles or cuts, but with long hair, it's just cool all the time.
Quote by HaKattack
Is there a reason to grow your hair long?

Warmer winters

Lots of people say I suit longer hair than shorter hair.
Quote by Rebel1991
i just hate barber shops

+1!

I went and got a hair cut awhile ago.. the guy forgot to cut the top of my head, but of course I couldn't tell because it was all wet.. at least i forgot to tip him.
For true metalists it is either long scraggy hair or totally shaven bald. You could have normal hair length but, by law, you would have to be in an alternative band.
My simple set-up:
ESP - M-200-FM with emg 81-85s
Washburn - Maverick (total POS)
Saint Louis 5 string Bass

Floor POD, Du Hast and several cheap Behringer pedals.
Crate Amp

For those about to rock, we want you to go away.
cause were just all cool like that... honestly, it helps when ur onstage, because you can look down at the fretboard and ur hair will shade you from the bright lights

edit: oh and ^ seconded
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by wokketywok
cause its awesome.

/thread

+1
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
cause it loooks a lot better when headbanging as well
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I grew my hair out before I became a guitarist. Also, I grew it out once when I was like 6. I don't know why, I just like it better that way. Plus it's a lot warmer than short hair, and my body temperature has a tendancy to be low.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
i have short regular hair and i absolutly hate it, but don't want to grow it long like a girl i dont know what to do!
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
i started growing during school one year when my two roomates said they wouldn't shave all semester and since i don't grow much of a beard i said i wouldnt' cut my hair.

then i just got lazy and didn't go the barber...and now it's a statement of how metal i am
Quote by grantml02
i have short regular hair and i absolutly hate it, but don't want to grow it long like a girl i dont know what to do!

long hair doesn't make you necessarily look like a girl
everyone has different hair, and you might only realize it when you grow it. For example I thought my hair was really thin and straight, but when I grew it I realize it's actually thick and wavy. A guy with long hair doesn't look like a girl with long hair, but of course there are always exceptions. I say try it, and if you don't like it you can always get a hair cut.
I don't have super-long-metal hair. I just have normal guy shaggy hair.
METALLICA.
Why I have long hair? When it's short and you get it cut, it's easily noticable, and reveals mistakes much more. But mainly because I look MUCH better with long hair, compared to short hair.
long hair is just cooler, my hair is like 2 feet long, it gets annoying but the chicks like it lol
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
What you talking about, expensive and time-consuming to have short hair? All you need is a shaver and a mirror (or just the shaver), also short requires less time to dry after getting wet
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
I started growing mine because I hate the hairdressers. And you can headbang, and it looks cool
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

Quote by HaKattack
Is there a reason to grow your hair long?

Some people look better with longer hair, nub.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by grantml02

You could always try growing it long like a guy.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I hate long hair. I have my hair pretty short, but I like it. hey, to be cool, you don't need long hair - Satriani is bald, and he still rocks! Plsu my hair is brown/gigner so it wouldn't look nice long.
Caue they want to look like Dimebag and Wylde. And because they lack originality.
Page 1 of 4