Right, so whenever I play a B on my guitar, my low E string will start vibrating and humming. It's not just when I hit the B string, either. On any of the first 5 strings, a B note causes the low E string to hum. It kind of sounds like a really annoying reverb effect.

It's nothing I can't live with, it's just really bugging me. I've never heard of anybody having a problem like this before. Should I just restring my guitar, or what?

Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by sashki
Try restringing. I've had some strings resonate with others, but never as much as you say.

It's actually not too bad, but it's definately noticable. I'll try restringing, thanks.
Quote by cubedeathk

Quote by davebooska
i have the SAME problem with my hellraiser! WTF!?

is it real noticable? cuz i was going to buy one of those.
GEAR

Ibanez RG321
B.C.Rich Custom Warlock
Ibanez IJV50
Line 6 Spider III 75
Digi Tech. DeatH MetaL disto
no its fine. lol. just sometimes when i play the d or g string i notice that the top e string will be vibrating. theres no sound coming from it really though. so its all good. i would buy this guitar if i was you. i <3 it
Just another question; If I were to go out and buy the same brand of strings that I have on my guitar now, would I get the same problem? Or does it not have anything to do with the brand?
Quote by cubedeathk

Resonance.
Look it up.
A frequency of a B note can cause any object with the natural frequency corresponding to E to resonate. I think D and G do the same thing too.
Also, I have no idea what caused the other strings to make E resonate. Wierd.
Quote by NeptuneUK
Resonance.
Look it up.
A frequency of a B note can cause any object with the natural frequency corresponding to E to resonate. I think D and G do the same thing too.
Also, I have no idea what caused the other strings to make E resonate. Wierd.

That's interesting, thanks. So I guess that mean that it happens to everyone, and that I just noticed it? And restringing won't really do anything for it, right?
Quote by cubedeathk

Try muting the lower strings when playing on the upper strings, it helps a lot.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!