I don't know where to put this nor can I find a thread on it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there notices how certain bands will either repeat a lot of the same thing in lyrics or use references to something in their music a lot. For the first one of using the same lyrics a bunch of times, I'll go with dragonforce and how someone on here brought up that they use "far away" a lot. For the second part on, I guess it would be like more using characters and places from stories a few times I'm going with Zeppelin and making references or whatever you would call it to Lord of the Rings.

I'm just curious if any other bands out there do this...

I haven't slept in like two days so if I screwed up on typing some things don't shoot me.
sure, i think that happens a lot, depending on the artist. i know for sure it happens a ton in rap and hip-hop, but since it seems like most people here dont like that music, how about nine inch nails and the tons of songs they have that protest organized religion? or maybe Sublime always talking about drugs or Rage Against the Machine talking about politics? maybe those are a little too obvious, but hey, I tried
i agree with you many bands use the same things over and over again
nirvana, or at least kurt, included guns in both come as you are and smells like teen spirit
disturbed uses die and other forms of it(as do many artists in the metal genre these days) in most of their lyrics and also his "ooo ahaha" thing (but that is still kick ass) and many others do it that were not mentioned by you or me so if there are more which there are i would love to here about it in some what of detail
thx
Music is pretty much filled to burst with allusions. On the repatition of them, however, I believe it is largely due to inoriginality, which Dragonforce, as you mentioned, has nailed.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by Dirt Bag Boy
i agree with you many bands use the same things over and over again
nirvana, or at least kurt, included guns in both come as you are and smells like teen spirit
disturbed uses die and other forms of it(as do many artists in the metal genre these days) in most of their lyrics and also his "ooo ahaha" thing (but that is still kick ass) and many others do it that were not mentioned by you or me so if there are more which there are i would love to here about it in some what of detail
thx

Kurt also referenced guns in In Bloom.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun