well there are some good dani california tabs out there but the one thing thats wrong with em is on that part where he does the hammer on things people allways tab it out as two guitars. ive seen him play that part on that guitarplayer tv website and he was playing some chords and then the hammer on pull off stuff and there was a slide too. if you could give me a link or make a simple tab and post it that would be awesome...o yea if you're gonna be a dick and just say figure it out yourself feel comfortable saying that cause thats what im going to do if this doesnt work out.
I would help you, but I have no idea what "hammer on things" you're talking about.
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely considered a bad move.
Quote by CFTim
I would help you, but I have no idea what "hammer on things" you're talking about.

lol hammer on things...um well i dont know how to make it sound more specific but after the first verse is over i guess. right before that Dm chord is strummed before the chorus. and besides its kinda obvious wat im talking about cause i didnt say dani california solo and thats the only other part where he uses hammer ons or pull offs but watever maybe you just dont think about things too much.
This is the way I've always played it, and it sounds right with some wah.
E|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
G|---------5h7p5-----------------4h5p4---------|-------------------------------5h7p5---------|
D|-7---x-x-------7-------x-5---x-------4-------|---------5h7p5---------x-7---x-------7-------|
A|---------------------------------------------|-5---x-x-------5-----------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Indeed you didn't say Dani California solo. But as far as I'm concerned the solo is still part of the song.
But if I'm not such a thinker, why don't you do the thinking yourself? I have never seen any tabs where they say it's two guitars. The tabs you mention that do have two guitars are not the live versions. On the record itself, the part you mean is actually dubbed and recorded twice, hence the two guitars they put in.

Well, maybe you just don't think about things much, but here are some tabs that might help you (From this very site)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/dani_california_ver5_tab.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/dani_california_ver6_tab.htm
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely considered a bad move.
Quote by CFTim
Indeed you didn't say Dani California solo. But as far as I'm concerned the solo is still part of the song.
But if I'm not such a thinker, why don't you do the thinking yourself? I have never seen any tabs where they say it's two guitars. The tabs you mention that do have two guitars are not the live versions. On the record itself, the part you mean is actually dubbed and recorded twice, hence the two guitars they put in.

Well, maybe you just don't think about things much, but here are some tabs that might help you (From this very site)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/dani_california_ver5_tab.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/dani_california_ver6_tab.htm

well in the theres a part where he slides 3/5 and then on the b string he h/p 686 and thats how i saw him play it. o yea the two guitar ones are power tabs. its just i heard that part of the song on guitar player tv in the making of it, and it sounded so much better than the way i was playing it so i wanted to learn that way but i figured it out. and there actually is one tab on here that has the way i figured it but a little different cause it doesnt have a chord before the h/p and it sounds alot better than the tabs i was playing...im gonna have to rate it.
Quote by CFTim

and yea it was ver 6. one of the links you put on there. and the two guitar parts that it had was the first verse and that version of that part in ver5 (one of the links) put together in a way. it sounds good but i play alone so i want it to be a little more complex for one guitar.
Last edited by DFH/CFH at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by aprescott_27
This is the way I've always played it, and it sounds right with some wah.
B|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
G|---------5h7p5-----------------4h5p4---------|-------------------------------5h7p5---------|
D|-7---x-x-------7-------x-5---x-------4-------|---------5h7p5---------x-7---x-------7-------|
A|---------------------------------------------|-5---x-x-------5-----------------------------|

this seems correct. in the tab book it says john uses a modular filter, but i use a wah instead and it sounds fine.

-Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i like the way its played in ver6 even though the lyrics are wrong. i made up my own way to play it and it sounds good when i play it along with the cd so im just gonna play it my way.
Quote by rhcp_freak
this seems correct. in the tab book it says john uses a modular filter, but i use a wah instead and it sounds fine.

-Faisal

yea the modulation filter is a wah its just more controlled i guess you could call it instead of an autowah which is just a steady repeating wah. i probably dont make any sense at all but w/e.

I think this is totally wrong!

I think there something missing there

I think its close to this!

B|---------------------------------------------|------------------------------------5h6p5---------|
G|---------5h7p5-----------------4h5p4---------|-------x7x-7------------------------5-|
D|-7---x-x-------7-------x-5---x-------4-------|------------------x--7--x--------------|
A|---------------------------------------------|-5---x-x------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------6h8p6-------5h6p5------|
|--------5h7p5------- 4h5p4----------------------7--------------5---|
|-7-x-x---------7-x-5----------5---------------------x-7-------------- l
|-----------------------------------3/5-x-x------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
this is how i figured it out. im pretty sure this is how he plays it. im not to sure about the muted notes on there cause they're just kinda natural when i play you know. but you dont even have to play those cause you could just do rests there, but it doesnt sound as good.