Is it normal for begginners to have a hard time barring the strings, and stetching your fingers? OR is it that i have small hands
Its because your a n00b.

Edit: I forgot to put a little advice like i meant to. Sorry. I was gonna add "Just keep playing and it will become second nature and not a problem at all.".
Last edited by bambi_slaughter at Jan 17, 2007,
yes its normal
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i hadn't that prob.....but its very normal .....my friend had this problem and i thought he would never play guitar...but he so good ..he is about to reach my level...
Completely normal. Your hands should become accustomed to barring and stretching after a few months.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by spazzymagee417
haha i first read this and thought it was about puberty.

Haha, in the guitar forum?

You must be spending to much time in The Pit. God, I love that place.
Quote by fragydig529
Haha, in the guitar forum?

You must be spending to much time in The Pit. God, I love that place.

i just click new posts without paying attention to where they're coming from. but the pit does tend to have the best threads. like mine about timmy!
Quote by spazzymagee417
i just click new posts without paying attention to where they're coming from. but the pit does tend to have the best threads. like mine about timmy!

My name is Timmie.... OMG!!!

But yeah I know what you mean, on UGs homepage, I do the same thing
it is practically normal, most of beginners will experience that, i recommend you to keep on trying so that your muscles in your hand and fingers will soon develop, i also agree that you should also highly emphasize on developing your pinky why? you'll soon find out...

for a little extra, heard of stress balls?..

it is used as therapy for the hand and finger muscles try getting one of those and squeeze it and squeeze it..andsqueeze it...and squeeze...it...squeeze..i..t....squ..ee..z..e..i..ts....q....u...e..e...z....e

so that a your hands will not get "tired" quickly.....
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
One more thing to practice when barring chords is to alow your arm to hang very relaxed and letting the weight of your arm to add to the pressure you need.

This will make a very big difference.
epic7734
Yeah, along with everyone else, it's normal. Try to play those kinds of chords each day, so your hands will get and stay used to that kind of muscle use.