Its so annoying, not only have I broke the my high e on the acoustic, Ive gone and lost the peg to hold it in.

So Im stuck. Cant really play much because I dont know very many songs that dont always use the high e.

Of course, there are loads of them that dont, Im just a bit braindead at the moment
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
wtf???? sorry are u tied to a lampost by ure balls with nothing but ure guitar to keep u entertained or something? Why cant u just buy another set?
Quote by Atreideslegend
wtf???? sorry are u tied to a lampost by ure balls with nothing but ure guitar to keep u entertained or something? Why cant u just buy another set?

HA!
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Buy a new peg, and a new string.........
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Atreideslegend

Dude, its 9pm, shops arent open...
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Quote by notoriousnumber
Dude, its 9pm, shops arent open...

Play some pop-punk emo songs that jus use 5th chords with the root note either on string 5 or 6
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Play some pop-punk emo songs that jus use 5th chords with the root note either on string 5 or 6

Yeah...no. Sorry, I dont like pop-punk or emo and I think Im a bit past playing power chords, a couple of years past that.
Quote by Robbie n strat

^ dude yer never past playing power chords, i can play all sorts of chords but i still incorporate power chords into my playing, but i digress, i always keeps spares (usually at least 2 packs) of strings, i feel lost and nekkid without a high E (actually i feel that way if i break any string) you could play any punk song, 'i wanna be sedated' is a good one that doesn't need it, 'welcome home' is another good one that doesnt require it, or the rhythm section doesn't at least, lotsa tools basic rhythms don't require it, nor do chevelle for the most part.
Quote by notoriousnumber
Yeah...no. Sorry, I dont like pop-punk or emo and I think Im a bit past playing power chords, a couple of years past that.

You do know I was joking... right?

And what's wrong with power chords? They sound great with distortion. A little overused, but they are still great.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Ya there is nothing wrong with power chords. Look at John Frusciante. He uses tons of power chords in his playing. So if he can make it work, so can you.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Learn to play without the high E, use an alternative tuning or something. Its good practice.
if you are so beyond playing power chords, why are you asking about songs not using the high e? It's like einstein asking "der vats 2 + 2?"

You are never "beyond" power chords, just like noone is "beyond" the pentatonic scale or open chords or anything. They are all just musical tools, used to achieve different sounds.
Let's see ... all Chili Peppers, only because someone mentioned John Fruscante

Dani California
Snow (Hey Oh)
Hump De Bump
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Sinch - Something more
Finger Eleven - Thousand Mile Wish

All in Drop D tuning.
Quote by CowboyUp
if you are so beyond playing power chords, why are you asking about songs not using the high e? It's like einstein asking "der vats 2 + 2?"

You are never "beyond" power chords, just like noone is "beyond" the pentatonic scale or open chords or anything. They are all just musical tools, used to achieve different sounds.

Jesus, you know what I am saying. Would you practise for an hour with power chords? What I am saying is that one shouldnt spend too much time on power chords, I spent my first year learning power chords, now I have moved on.

Why is everyone so scrutinizing these days?
Quote by Robbie n strat

Let's bounce the ball right back at you?

Why do you think you are above powerchords? Do you really think you are better than one of the most fundamental chords of the last forty years? You can NEVER move on past a certain type of chord. It can always come in use. If you think it's too easy, make it harder. If you don't like the punk powerchord style, make up a style of your own to use powerchords with, in which you switch powerchords often.

Just don't ever say that you are above anything.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
^ amen brotha, i play thrash/speed type metal and use tons of powerchords mixed with individual notes, when i practice i use everything, power chords, full chords, octaves all, sus chords,add chords, mixed with everything i can think of. i don't think i've written a song without SOME type of powerchord in it.
Quote by aprescott_27
Let's see ... all Chili Peppers, only because someone mentioned John Fruscante

Dani California
Snow (Hey Oh)
Hump De Bump

Those songs use the high at some point almost all frusciante songs do, he's a funk guitarist to start so he mainly use the high notes and strings on the guitar when he does play the lower one's it's either with power chords or finger plucking them as base notes, but good songs none less.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I think the solo in Dani California does use the high E, now that I think about it, but only a couple times.

And the others you can play without the high E and it will sound fine.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION