hey, if someone can help me, that would be great.

i know how to record a rhythm track, but how do i record a lead track, and make it in sync? is there a way to record while you listen to the rhythm? i put this in the recording forum, but if it's the wrong one, let me know. thanks
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
On settings make it ply while recording....And if you want it to sync up really good, then mke a click track.
Yeah go to Edit --> Preferences (at the bottom) --> there's a tick box saying listen to tracks while recording. I'll be honest, my audacity is broken and apparently unfixable because when i record two or more tracks they never line up, one goes faster than the other or something. Some people don't have that problem so fingers crossed for you.
Quote by bassdrum
On settings make it ply while recording....And if you want it to sync up really good, then mke a click track.

i clicked edit, then preferences, then the box, but when i push record, i still can't hear the first track. am i doing something wrong?
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I'll help you with audacity by telling you not to use audacity if you want your recording to sound like anything above a possum being raped with a rusty metal pipe. Honestly tho, you are better off just buying or downloading a good program, such as sony acid pro or sonar, if you want i'll even upload my copy of sonar for you so you can download it but really i have found that working with audacity produces results that just aren't worth the amount of effort.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Quote by Dumpweedrock
I'll help you with audacity by telling you not to use audacity if you want your recording to sound like anything above a possum being raped with a rusty metal pipe. Honestly tho, you are better off just buying or downloading a good program, such as sony acid pro or sonar, if you want i'll even upload my copy of sonar for you so you can download it but really i have found that working with audacity produces results that just aren't worth the amount of effort.

if you want to make professional quality songs, yes, get a better program or software.. but if you record for fun.. it doesn't really matter
well yeah it sort of does matter, because if you frustrate yourself for an hour and a half trying to get the program to work then by the time you do get it working, if it even gets to that point, you are already so pissed and sick of dealing with it that it takes all the fun out of it. It is so much better to just plug your shit in and play, knowing that there aren't going to be any surprise problems every time you hit record. but thats just me...
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
i have a dell pentium 2, i'm a kid that doesn't have money to buy software, especially on a crappy computer.

i would like my recordings to sound professional sounding, because i plan on making demos and whatnot. i wouldn't want them to sound like crap. what are some good softwares? free ones, that sound nice, that are easy to use? may i also add, overdubbing, and making it accurate and in sync. and also easy to burn to a cd and upload to a site?
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
i have a dell pentium 2, i'm a kid that doesn't have money to buy software, especially on a crappy computer.

i would like my recordings to sound professional sounding, because i plan on making demos and whatnot. i wouldn't want them to sound like crap. what are some good softwares? free ones, that sound nice, that are easy to use? may i also add, overdubbing, and making it accurate and in sync. and also easy to burn to a cd and upload to a site?

everything you want to know and more.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369733
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!