Couldn't think of a more fitting word. My technique is oscillating a lot. What I mean is that at some period I play with a perfect technique, both with the picking and the fretting hand, and some days later it becomes distorted, greatly affecting the play. Afterwards, it takes me a day or two to revert to the previous state. The changes are not permanent but sure are annoying.

Any similar experiences and advices to stop this?
Last edited by Strike9 at Jan 17, 2007,
it happens to me, it depends on my mood, sometimes i just can come out with a decent riff and i sound really sloppy, and sometimes i can even shred
yeah i call them shred days, when you totally amaze urself, and then the next day or two you wanna break sumthing cause u suck badly....idk wat tis about just keep practicing i guess and play things slower and less sloppy
Yeah i have the same problem, I find that if you don't play for a day then come back to the guitar you'll play better.
Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst
Gibson Explorer SE
Squier Strat

Line 6 Spider II 75W
Krank Rev1 150W Halfstack

Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss CS-3 Compresser
Boss GE-7 Equilizer
Mastortion
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
if i wake up on a day off and get 10 mins in of pure going nuts, then when i come back later in the day im in shred mode. dunno how it works, but it works.
I have those days like that every once in a while. But I find that arm/hand/finger warmups and stretches usually help a ton.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.