ok so i have the TS9 tubescreamer and looking on ebay u can buy a mod kit that will upgrade it to the ts808 model. I was wondering, is the upgrade worth the money/risk involved with modding the pedal? Also what is the difference in tone? Is the 808 really that much better than the ts9? How easy is it to mod?

Thanks for your help
What does the kit cost? The mod is very easy, if you can work with a soldering iron. There is no particular risk involved, just the usual risk of overheating the components when you solder them, but that's nothing to worry about.

I've done the mods on my TS9, but I have to admit I hear no difference. But that's because I don't remember how it sounded before the mod. I guess that just means the change in tone is subtle.
its like 7 quid plus 1.50 p+p so its pretty inexpensive, i jsut really wana know how much it improves the tone.
Go for it. I can't really say how much better it sounds, but there is an improvement.
Wait a minute: let me get this straight.

you are turning your TS-9 into a TS-808?

what is wrong with you? the TS-9 is a legendary piece of equipment? it is the best solid state overdrive known to man, and you are changing it into an 808 AARGH.

that said, it's just a chip swap, or resistor, or something
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Wait a minute: let me get this straight.

you are turning your TS-9 into a TS-808?

what is wrong with you? the TS-9 is a legendary piece of equipment? it is the best solid state overdrive known to man, and you are changing it into an 808 AARGH.

that said, it's just a chip swap, or resistor, or something

you've got that backwards... the 808 is the legendary overdrive pedal, the ts-9 is the new model that Ibanez sells. It does make some difference, the overdrive is warmer and in my opinion has a better range of overdrive.