Between now and, err, 7 I need to have selected some piece to play as a solo (or with an accompaniment, guitar or piano - nothing too hard on piano) on Saturday.

I wouldn't worry about difficulty - I'm trying to keep it a clean song and something...tasteful (shred isn't really the style for what I am doing). Just an enjoyable song; jazzy, or more classical, or more rockish it's all fine - just a good that can be played nicely on guitar

The piece should be 'round 2 minutes (or atleast the part of the piece I use)

Can anyone give me a hand here?

thanks a ton, -Mike
-Mike
Anjelica by Roger Scanurra, I wrote a tab for it but I don't think I posted it outside of the forums...It's a classical/flamenco duet with a slow electric solo at the end.

There is a link on the left to preview the song "Anjelica", see what you think
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/scannura

If you want just electric stuff F***in in the Bushes by Oasis, the Top Gun theme is another great instrumental, Is Anybody Out There by Pink Floyd (or even Comfortably Numb if you're up for it although it isn't an instrumental), the outro to Layla by Eric Clapton is something well known and yet you never really hear it played...
Last edited by mattvl at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by mattvl
Anjelica by Roger Scanurra, I wrote a tab for it but I don't think I posted it outside of the forums...It's a classical/flamenco duet with a slow electric solo at the end.

There is a link on the left to preview the song "Anjelica", see what you think
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/scannura

It sounds good, could you put up the tabs somewhere so I can see them?

Quote by XibanezedgeX
for the love of god by steve vai

Yeah I considered that one, still in decision about...everything.

Thanks for your help guys, it goes appreciated!
-Mike
The power tab is attached, I didn't write out the whole song, just the beginning and end. The rhythm repeats through the middle and you can just improvise over top of that. You can also thrown in a rumba section, something my prof likes to do (it's his song) when he doesn't have an electric guitar, speeds up the end and makes it alot more upbeat/energetic (but I also think the electric solo is just unbelievable although I didn't know how to use power tab at the time so the bends don't exactly sound right).
Last edited by mattvl at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by Syd Barret..
Dude, you if you a nice easy solo and that sounds amazing.
Learn N.I.B.

I love sabbath, but pentatonics that have been used for 45 years now /=/ impressive.

I reccomend you chop paganinis 24th caprice down to 2 minutes
Play the version that Steve Vai does in Crossroads if you're goin Paganini, fits the time and you'll be able to find a tab pretty easily.
Eh I went with what is fast - I'm taking 'Anjelica' and I'll defenatly be playing it a little differently but I think it's the good shell I was looking for (in the 40 minutes I needed to get a song)

Ty to everyone who helped
-Mike
Quote by mattvl
Play the version that Steve Vai does in Crossroads if you're goin Paganini, fits the time and you'll be able to find a tab pretty easily.

that was a rendition of 5th caprice in A minor