After school everyday around 3pm i head to the work out room and i work out until 4 or 4:15. Afterwards, my legs and arms feel a little weaker than usual (i assume this is normal), and i was just wondering, what is the best thing to do after a workout? Do i eat something small and a little sugary to get my energy back or drink gatorade, eat dinner? what do i do?

Ive been working out for 2-3 months so far if that makes a difference
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Actually, eat something high in protein that's easily digestible, it helps build muscle faster. I myself either eat a protein bar or drink a protein shake. It tastes disgusting, but it gets the job done.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted energy. Well, drink Gatorade or something, THEN do what I said above.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Try stretching before your workout. And if your muscles are a little sore, you're obviously doing your workout correctly.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

what are some good foods that are high in protein? and dude protein shakes are pretty damn good if you know how to make them right
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

all of these feelings are normal, the cheapest and most effective solution i find is eating a peanut butter sandwich or two after your work out and you'll feel fine in a little while, take it from me, I'm in a police training program, this really works
Montana MT-104N Acoustic Guitar
Ibanez Iceman ICX 220
Roland Cube 30
Boss FS 5U Foot Switch
M-Audio Fast Track USB Recording Unit
Horner Blues Harmonicas 7 Key Set
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
what are some good foods that are high in protein? and dude protein shakes are pretty damn good if you know how to make them right

Protein bars (gross), protein shakes (good), fish (tasty, and good for your brain!), poultry, non-fatty meats, etc.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
since im still in school im doin basically what ur doin, 3-4 workout, afterwards im usually dead tired since i really work out, not just a few reps n shit... neways afterwards i drink quite a bit(usually just water but something high in calories helps to get the energy back) and 30mins-1hour later have a large meal to get nutrition and energy back up
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
protein bars are good before and after workouts. Also, stretching is always good b4 and after
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
well it depends how hard you workout. if your sore and no energy you are doing it right even though sometimes after my xc runs i will still be able to run but i am tired. you might just need to get more electrolites in your body. drink a gatorade afterwards. have you gone up in weight if not you must not be pushing yourself hard enough. you might just be low on energy before too. but it is probably because u have used up much of your electrolites. just drink a gatorade afterwards. all a protein shake does is make u build muscle faster. ya protein bars might not be bad after workouts but they will help ur muscles not energy. also eat something like maybe a pb&j like that guy said i like those afterwards. make sure you eat enough and not crap every day at lunch. you can eat stuff like that sometimes but not everyday.
like a chicken on a junebug.- coach teasdale

if you dont want to play basketball go to underwater basket weaving. coach teasdale

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
-- Douglas Adams
Last edited by youngandplayin at Jan 17, 2007,
apart from what everyone said, nuts(almonds, peaanuts, cashews, etc.) are extremely high in protein and energy...miz em with some honey n ull have enough energy for a marathon, foudn this out from my thai boxing coach so u cant go wrong there
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
Stretch before and after, and be sure to cool down afterwards with a walk around the track or something of that nature.
Protein shakes, fish, protein bars.

Go ahead and take some vitamins too, let your body rest.