I've come accross www.musicgoround.com. They have some nice prices on amps and guitars, so I figured I should start there in my search for a tube amp.

Here are some of the deals i've found, tell me what you think...

Marshall JCM 2000 Head - $900
Marshall DSL401 Combo - $800
Marshall JCM 800 4210 Combo - $600
Marshall AVT100 - $500
Peavey 5150 Head - $650
Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX Combo - $575
Peavey XXX Super 40 Combo - $550
Crate VFX5212 Combo - $650
B-52 AT 212 Combo - $530
Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo - $650

Im looking to spend less money of course, so I might limit this list down to $650 and under. Which would be the best versitile amp? Something with great cleans and a great distortion for blues/classic rock/metal?
Even though it's the high end, i really like the JCM 2000 head. I don't have much experience with one, just heard it a couple of times and liked it.

I have the valveking. It's perfect for my sub-500 USD price range. Not the best sound in the world, but it sounds very nice.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Randall 4x12 Cab (I hate it, but I'm poor)

Returning the Favour
Quote by TJM2482
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=506137

It looks weird though...you can see the speaker is off the the left a little and the way the knobs are setup it doesnt look much like other Marshalls.

I have the same amp cept the 2x12 version, they are the same amps as the 2502 heads and very similar to the Marshall Silver Jubilee. If you go look at them, the faceplate and knobs and they are exactly the same as the 2502 but upside down. As for the amp itself I absolutely love mine, it's "the" amp for me and I can't speak any higher of it, but that's my taste I guess. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the TSL though.

As for which one is for you it's whatever turns you on, they're mostly good amps you listed except the AVT, don't get that it's not in the same class.
Quote by TJM2482
you can see the speaker is off the the left
If you look here, you can see that speaker is supposed to be off.

By the way, the JCM800 is an incredible amplifier, I highly suggest you look into it.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
If you look here, you can see that speaker is supposed to be off.

By the way, the JCM800 is an incredible amplifier, I highly suggest you look into it.

It looks like it has less settings/channels that the JCM2000 and other Marshalls. Does it have a nice overall sound? I need something with great cleans, i'll prob. end up getting and OD pedal to help out the distortion, I would like a classic rock to metal sound.
Quote by TJM2482
It looks like it has less settings/channels that the JCM2000 and other Marshalls. Does it have a nice overall sound? I need something with great cleans, i'll prob. end up getting and OD pedal to help out the distortion, I would like a classic rock to metal sound.

the 800 is classic rock. its what most classic rock bands play and you should be able to get metal with a decent pedal.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Hmmm it sounds pretty good. How are the cleans? How many watts is it?

I wonder how it compared to the Peavey XXX Super 40.
Quote by pierce34celtic
I'd really take a look at the F-30 combo. Very good cleans and distortion.

The reviews I read said the cleans felt weak and werent that great.
That site is not a scam, correct? For some reason I don't feel as secure there as even on ebay. Are you buying from the site or from individual users that post on the site?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
That site is not a scam, correct? For some reason I don't feel as secure there as even on ebay. Are you buying from the site or from individual users that post on the site?

Well when I was going to buy off of there, I called the store that the product was from, talked to a guy there for a few minutes about the condition of the product and everything, and I got them to send me pictures of the guitar I was looking at. You can order it by phone. I dont htink it's a scam, people say it's legit.
Quote by TJM2482

It has 2 foot changable channels with independant EQ's (no mid control on the clean channel though, just treble and bass), they come in either 100W or 50W I think (mine's a 50W) and reverb. The cleans are typical Marshall cleans, a little dirty but awesome and compared to the JCM2000 they are miles ahead. I've played the 2 side by side a fair bit as my roomie often borrows the TSL. Oh and this is one of the first Marshalls with 2 changable channels so I'm not sure what Marshalls you're comparing them to.
DEFINATELY get that JCM 2000.
im so wanting one of those amps before i turn 18, and my soul gets sold to the governement.
1/3 the price for one of the best amps ever.
of course the 800 is GREAT, and is alot cheaper, so you might want that one.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jan 17, 2007,
+1 about the cleans being weak on the f-30...but the distortion is pretty good.

I say go for the 800. I personally want it...but alot of people here detest it for some odd reason .

Get yourself an OD pedal also.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by danzig-_-
1/3 the price for one of the best amps ever.

lol they're far from being the best amps ever! Each to their own though I guess.
waaaaaaaait.

I just noticed, the 800 is only 600 USD's in that site? WTF, doesn't sound too reliable =\.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Try them out, doesn't have to be in the same shop, just make sure you play a load of amps to make sure you choose the one for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30