Page 1 of 2
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Anyone else think she's amazing?

I picked up Speak for Yourself 3 days ago and it's been playing non stop. Her vocals are so on point and different. She gives me goosebumps all over my body.

Does anyone think Speak for Yourself is a better album than Frou Frou's "Details"?
NAME GOES HERE
Khnemu
189 IQ
Hide and Seek ftw.
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
I have two songs by her and one by Frou Frou. Hide and Seek is absolutely gorgeous, it's so breathtaking. Goodnight and Go is a great one as well.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

STRAT811
Commander Cool
1,253 IQ
Amazing. I've never heard anyone like her. That part in 'The Last Kiss' when the Imogen Heap song comes in is breathtaking. It made the movie.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
I love her.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Knife2aGunFight
Good Morning Captain
761 IQ
mmmmmmmmmmmmm watcha sayyyyyyyyyyy
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Some of her stuff is good.

Aaaand then some of it gets on my last flipping nerve.

But I can do a pretty deck acoustic cover of "Hide And Seek." Lots of tempo changes and crap. It's fun.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
My Mom picked the album up for me last night. Yay, Moms rule! I really dig Headlock, and of course Hide and Seek, but I've known that one for months. I found a "Best New Artist 2007 Grammy Nominee" sticker, and as much as I loathe the Grammys, how the **** did Carrie Underwood beat her?!?!
Last edited by bah humbug at Jul 4, 2007,
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
I just got into this but I like it alot. I have Speak For Yourself. I thought it was a guy and a girl so I look at the pictures and it just looks like a guy dressed like a girl, just judging on myspace pictures but I guess I'm wrong.
julio1987
Gettin' jiggy wit it
230 IQ
Quote by STRAT811
That part in 'The Last Kiss' when the Imogen Heap song comes in is breathtaking. It made the movie.

That's actually one of the few movies I really really hate, and it kinda pissed me that one of my favorite Imogen songs was in it.

Anyways... a good friend of mine is obsessed with Imogen Heap, he lent me all of her albums to rip to my computer... She's very good.

Anyone else thinks she's really ugly?
count schizo
180 IQ
I think shes hot.
My stuff:
Gibson SG (for playability.......and looks)
Mexican Strat (for some reason i have two)
Hohner HW440G-TB Acoustic/Electric
Preid
1,037 IQ
Quote by count schizo
I think shes hot.

+1 she's smokin hot

got that statue vibe about her

yep im a fan
x.songbird.x
UG's Scene Princess
49 IQ
Hide and Seek is my favorite song on that CD. She has a unique voice that is different from all the other music on my iPod...which can be a good thing or a bad thing...
Laxdynasty16
33 IQ
Very beautiful voice, I'm pretty sure we all can agree on that, but definitely a band/music type that requires getting used to. Very good for a change though.
ineedmayo
12 IQ
Quote by julio1987
That's actually one of the few movies I really really hate, and it kinda pissed me that one of my favorite Imogen songs was in it.

Anyways... a good friend of mine is obsessed with Imogen Heap, he lent me all of her albums to rip to my computer... She's very good.

Anyone else thinks she's really ugly?

She's really weird looking...sometimes she's really hot, sometimes she looks like a man. But her musical talent is amazing. Clear The Area is a great song. She was like my favourite of that genre until I started listening to Bjork and Ladytron, who I think are way better. But I still like her alot.
sherimonica
54 IQ
Its hard to believe the vocals on "Hide and Seek". I have Speak For Yourself. Love the album, one of the most talented people I've ever heard.
steve2603
10 IQ
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I have two songs by her and one by Frou Frou. Hide and Seek is absolutely gorgeous, it's so breathtaking. Goodnight and Go is a great one as well.

Yeah, Hide and Seek is the only song I've heard from her, and I find it pretty amazing.
Preid
1,037 IQ
Yep she gets me hard to, cant wait for her new album to come out!
xEngagex
Is Legend
267 IQ
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
mmmmmmmmmmmmm watcha sayyyyyyyyyyy

lmao. that snl skit always gets me.
mikko 9119
siin
477 IQ
I really liked her "Holding out for a Hero" or whatever when she was with Frou Frou, but her solo stuff is soo much better to me, I just love her
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
Imogen Heap is so amazing!!!!!
She's got the most awesome voice ever!

I loved frou frou. Then i got Speak for Yourself and its as mind blowing as Frou Frou!!
I love her!!!
mikko 9119
siin
477 IQ
Quote by NAME GOES HERE
Hide and Seek ftw.

true true

If you only listen to the first half of it it's amaIng... But it can't compare
To the ending of the song... Not even close
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
I'm listening to Hide and Seek right now!!
Its amazing!!

God she's got an amazing voice!
mikko 9119
siin
477 IQ
I'm just waiting for Hide and Seek to get old to listen to after about 30 plays a day...

nope, still love it haha
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
Imogen released a new blog on her youtube channel where she speaks about the album she's working on and how she's gotta postpone the deadline for its completion.
If anyone of ye wanna check it out:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1gn24Eq3Dhs

She's a really down to earth person. I love her!
Preid
1,037 IQ
Quote by af_the_fragile
Imogen released a new blog on her youtube channel where she speaks about the album she's working on and how she's gotta postpone the deadline for its completion.
If anyone of ye wanna check it out:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1gn24Eq3Dhs

She's a really down to earth person. I love her!

Down to earth? She's away with the fairies most of the time.

If she didnt do music, I could see her being into crack and spending her nights in dark places, talking constantly to no one.
af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
^yeah, she's all sorta up with her fairies and all but she comes off as a nice person. Like she's not like a stuck up bitch or something.
miguelito2729
Sound Professional
116 IQ
Imogen Heap is... wow, can't put her greatness into words. Hide and Seek both destroys my soul and fixes it at the same time. One of the best songs I have heard in my life.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
PenFighter19
82 IQ
Speak For Yourself is undoubtably the single most creatively written and produced albumn of the new millenium thus far. The albumn does start to lag for me on the last three tracks. But that probably just because of my love of punk rock and the way the albumn runs straight through you up til that point. Hide And Seek, of course, Headlock, Have You Got It In You?, Loose Ends, and Daylight Robbery are to me some of the best songs in both the electronic and indie genres. Definitly the best new artist albumn of '05. Underwood does NOT deserve that Grammy.
I would dare to say Imogen Heap is one of the best individual songwriters out now, if not in the past 20 years.
af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
she released a new blog with new song previews in it... just to let you guys know...

And i'm in love with Closing In!!!
Preid
1,037 IQ
That was lovely, looking forward to buying the album.

Cheers for posting the link.
MusicalMinority
someone's listening in.
2,028 IQ
Imogen Heap is so absolutely fantastic. Her work's gotten me excited about music in a way I haven't felt since I first got into Radiohead a few years back.

I feel like I'm listening to music for the first time.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE