My amp lets out a humming sound the louder i turn the volume up. Would it be ok to risk trying to fix it myself or do i do the safe thing and get a pro? im so hard of cash atm u see. re there any troubleshooting amp guides around?
Cheers
usually amps make a humming noise when you turn up the volume past like, silent, at least all amps ive used but, boss makes a noise compressor that is great its expensive but it a boss pedal so you know you are going to get the best for your money and if you just plug the compressor into your amp you can turn it up all the fricken way and it will be silent
disasterpiece
I've never heard of a noise compressor pedal...
What kind of amp is it? If its a cheap starter pack amp, just buy a new amp. Make sure that your guitar is wired, grounded, and shielded correctly. Don't play near computer monitors, tv's, or any other electronics. Stuff like that can can a lot of interference. If its a nice amp, just take it to a shop. Its best to let the pros deal with that kind of stuff. If all else fails, get the Boss NS-2 noise suppressor pedal.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
normal for most amps
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX