I am buying a fender blues junior and I know that this thing overdrives by crankin the volume. I want to know what kind of tubes would get it some more gain when i crank the volume? Here are the tubes already in it: 3 X 12AX7,
2 X EL84,

thanks
Tubes arent gonna get you more gain with a true tube amp (no distortion)
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I guess your right hahaha kinda forget that hahaa. Well does ayone know any good mods to do to a Fender blues Junior?
You could boost it with an overdrive
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
you can boost it, you can get tubes that break up earlier but they dont make that big of a difference IMO, you can bias it hotter to get more power amp distortion, and i have seen a few of them that have been hot rodded to where they can get some good hard rock distortion, but tat requires adding gain stages, which is a pretty major modification.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
getting a booster pedal (NOT an overdrive) will make them break up at a lower volume. OD pedals are the smooth version of a distortion pedal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!