I really like the look of Rickenbacker guitars but I can't afford an actual Rickenbacker. So I was wondering if there was a type of guitar that looks like a Rickenbacker but isn't as expensive. Thanks.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
Some companies make copies but they get pulled from the market really quick. Ric has to go after anyone that uses their trademarked designs so anytime someone tries to sell a copy the ad gets pulled pretty quickly. This gets kinda close to the look, but I'm guessing that it would sound nothing like a Ric with because of its mahogany body and p90's:
http://www.rondomusic.net/harm1hc.html
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Greco and Ibanez made copies that are worse quality and old you could try hunting arounf for those ones but they were made in the 70's so they arent easy to come by here I dont know about the states.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
Take a woodshop class, and make one...?
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
I've seen Tokai Rickenbacker copies, they look pretty close.

I don't think you can find many Rick lookalikes though.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Save up and buy a used one maybe?
I played a Rickenbacker 360 a while ago, it was PERFECT for cleans, real nice tone.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The used one I tried was about £800, and the 360's are more expensive than 330s.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
They are expensive because they are hand made and hand finished and they don't make many of them which keeps demand high. They are high quality instruments and you pay for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.