If I took out my stock bridge HB in my Ibanez s470 and put in a dimarzio X2N would i notice a big difference in sound? I have a tube amp (Peavey VK) People say when you have a tube amp youll notice a difference. Also, think it will help my feed back at high volumes? lol.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
yeah. there should be less feedback, and your tone will be different. and the tubes do help change tone, however, peavey is a budget tube brand unless you get a jsx or a xxx.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
i just can't understand why the lol at the end, but who cares

i obviusly you're goingo to notice a different tone and it's going to help you with feedback
Quote by deluxity
i just can't understand why the lol at the end, but who cares

i obviusly you're goingo to notice a different tone and it's going to help you with feedback

i lol'd because i have a problem with feed back.. and im sacking a rocktron hush pedal for this pup. i herd that noise gate no good anyways.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
One word answer: YES

Any pickup change will create a major difference in your tone, period.
1. Yes, a new pickup will make a noticeable difference, particularly when moving from a low-end pickup to a premium pickup like the Dimarzio X2N. And I don't care if your amp is SS, tube, hybrid, digital modeller, or even id you plug straight into a board with a DI box. You WILL notice a big difference in sound.

2. Noise gates are great when used properly.

3. Budget or not, the VK isn't a bad amp. Sure the stock tube bite and the speaker sucks ass, but the amp itself in't bad at all considering it's just slightly more expensive than a comparable solid state. And from what I've tried of it, it sounded alright. I wouldn't buy one for myself because it's not the sound I want, but there are much worse amps out there over which I'd take a VK any day.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Das_Skittles
...however, peavey is a budget tube brand unless you get a jsx or a xxx.

Wrong there. The VK is a budget amp, but that doesn't make Peavey a 'budget tube brand.'?