Page 1 of 2
so i was just listening to a certain shade of green by Incubus. it references the year 2012, the supposed last year on the mayan calendar and the end of the world and it got me thinking. could this really be theyear that the world ends? its probably another y2k imo but what if its real? I mean its got to end someday right? opinions
absolute bull. We're not worthy of an apocalypse. Apocalpse or an armmagedon isnt gonna happen to innocent people. Every generations got a date in which we think the worlds gonna end.
apocalypse, if it hasnt happened in the last few billion years of the earths existence, why would it happen now? That would be gay.
dude, if the world would have ended it would have been in 666 a.d. or maybe thats just me.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Quote by Ascendancy1080
apocalypse, if it hasnt happened in the last few billion years of the earths existence, why would it happen now? That would be gay.

Say that in a thousand years, and it still wouldn't make a difference.
ya i think its bull too. i think if it was going to happen it would have already. im mean hitler come on if anybody ever living was a canidate for antichrist id say it was him but yet we're all still here.
Last edited by froete_88 at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by froete_88
ya i think its bull too. i think if it was going to happen it would have already. im mean hitlere come on if anybody ever living was a canidate for antichrist id say it was him but yet we're all still here.

So Hitler could've caused armageddon? I'm not talking atom bombs, and such, but how could've he destroyed the planet? I think we're talking actual doomsday scenarios here.
Quote by schecter_guy
what did the mayans know? they were mexican, after all.

ba dum shhhhhhh

WTF do you mean?

well the only thing i've heard about is that a big change will come in 2012, not exactly the apocalypse
Quote by deluxity
WTF do you mean?

well the only thing i've heard about is that a big change will come in 2012, not exactly the apocalypse

He thinks it's funny to make fun of a minority. Besides Aztecs were MOSTLY the ones living in Mexico. He really doesn't know what he is talking about.
well im not saying that hitler could have cause the apocalypse but the anti christ is supposed to be charismatic and influencial and have a bunch of power which is what he was basically he took power pretty easy and got away with a lot. and the anti christ is supposed to be around the end of the world, right?
Quote by froete_88
well im not saying that hitler could have cause the apocalypse but the anti christ is supposed to be charismatic and influencial and have a bunch of power which is what he was basically he took power pretty easy and got away with a lot. and the anti christ is supposed to be around the end of the world, right?

I'm not religious, but if there was an Anti-Christ, then Hitler couldn't of been him. Considering we're all still here and all...
Something must of killed the Dinosaurs.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Why would the world just suddenly end on some random date? It makes no sense.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi

Why not? Which date would not be "random"?
when the chariots from hell come roaring through the skies to destroy the world....................fighter jets will shoot them down, then troops will shoot the survivors. problem solved
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by froete_88
ya i think its bull too. i think if it was going to happen it would have already. im mean hitler come on if anybody ever living was a canidate for antichrist id say it was him but yet we're all still here.

he totally could've been the antichrist, excluding the fact that he was pro jesus.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
the only apocalypse that we will have will be caused by mans desire for ultimate power and uber strength.
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
absolute bull. We're not worthy of an apocalypse. Apocalpse or an armmagedon isnt gonna happen to innocent people. Every generations got a date in which we think the worlds gonna end.

Haha.... innocent people.

But no, I don't believe the world will end in 2012
i thought the mayians predicted it to happen on Dec 24, 2012. this is possible if and ONLY if another republican wins office in '08. Iraq war continues for 4 years, relection comes up, gods like,"hmm..., u know what, game over" and like smite all of us.

So the only logicakl thing to do is....

VOTE OBAMA IN '08!
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
lol @ some of the stupid people in here ^__^
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
well.... what happens is on December 21, 2012 at aproxomatly 11:00 A.M. GMT the sun will be in the EXACT center of the milky way (our galaxy) there is a chance that it could reverse the polarity of earth's magnetic feild. The connection with the mayans is that it ends their 13 bakutian cycle therefore ending their calander. There are also a few refrences to 2012 in the bible.

But i'm not to worried because nastrodames has made predictions past 2012 and Issac Newton predicted 2060 as the end of the world.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
i guess the point of this is if it DOES happen despite all probability, would it change how you live life now?
Quote by froete_88
i guess the point of this is if it DOES happen despite all probability, would it change how you live life now?

Oh, alright then. It wouldn't really change my life. Not now anyways. In 2010 or 2011, I'd probably start doing all the things I want to do in my lifetime, seeing as how the world would end in 2012.
Quote by Ironbodom
well.... what happens is on December 21, 2012 at aproxomatly 11:00 A.M. GMT the sun will be in the EXACT center of the milky way (our galaxy) there is a chance that it could reverse the polarity of earth's magnetic feild. The connection with the mayans is that it ends their 13 bakutian cycle therefore ending their calander. There are also a few refrences to 2012 in the bible.

But i'm not to worried because nastrodames has made predictions past 2012 and Issac Newton predicted 2060 as the end of the world.

You think scientists/astronomers would have known this by now? Oh well. I'm not worried, we thought all our computers were gonna crash on 9/9/99 but it didn't happen so I'm not too worried. But just in case I'm gonna get REALLY drunk that day, so that way if we do die, at least I'll have no clue on what's going on.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Ascendancy1080

Because so many people use "gay" for describing everything.
not gonna happen. we hear apocalypse theories all too often. just because the mayan calendar has ended does not mean the earth is just going to end because some calendar stopped counting dates. this is just liek the y2k thing
and by the way, im pretty sure that it doesnt mean the world id gonna end. Just the world as we know it will change, or something along those lines.
Actually, the Mayan calendar continued after 2012.
You see, the Mayans had 3 different calendars, 1 for religious events, 1 for normal days, and one more for something else I can't remember.
Each calendar was split into cycles of intervals of years, and it so happens that 2012 is the end of a cycle.

The thing that makes it so remarkable (and made to think the end of the world) is that it ends at a different interval, and a very unusual event takes place, something to do with the earth being parallel and equal or something with the center of the galaxy.
I don't think that it matters very much when the Mayans ended their calender, because wouldn't it have to end eventually? it just so happens it ends in 2012.

Even if the world ends in 2012, there's nothing we can do to stop it right now.
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
Quote by Wikipedia
The end of the 13th b'ak'tun is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not necessarily mark the end of the world according to their beliefs, but a new beginning or time of re-birth.

It's still a load of bullshit.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi

no it's not random, it's based in the mayan or aztec calendar, i really don't remember, i'm goign to do some research

EDIT: it's the mayan calendar

well after reading some articles, i've found out that december 21st of 2012, it's not the end of the world, it's the end of the mayan calendar, i suposse that everyone is so insane about it because the mayan aztec is very acurate

i'm going to do some more research

Edit 2: i heard this like 6 months ago

The Mayan Calendar

The Mayan Calendar is something profoundly different than just a system to mark off the passage of time. The Mayan Calendar is above all a prophetic calendar that may help us understand the past and foresee the future. It is a calendar of the Ages that describes how the progression of Heavens and Underworlds condition the human consciousness and thus the frames for our thoughts and actions within a given Age.

The Mayan Calendar is not predicting the end of the world 2012, but the start of a new era; the golden age.
Last edited by deluxity at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by Ironbodom

the real question is how did the mayas know all that? they didnt have telescopes and stuff, and dont say anything like "oh by watching the stars duh", go outside watch the stars, and try to predict an eclipse millions of years in advance, its nearly imposible.

omg conspiracy
Page 1 of 2