I've notice that alot of people on here seem to be both guitar and piano players, myself included. Is there some kind of connection here? Why is it that most guitarist seem to play the piano or at least know how to something with it. I dont know were im going with this it was just something I thought of.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I play classical guitar at school and in music class we have to learn keyboard sometimes.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
I started playing piano in 2nd grade and I picked up about 3 other instruments between then and when I started guitar in 8th
My parents made me start piano when I was 9-ish. I hated it, so I dropped it when I was 12. When I was 14, I realized I wanted to express myself musically in a way I liked so I took up guitar. =)
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

I played piano in probably third grade. But I didn't get anywhere and I hated it.

Now I play guitar, because I prefer guitar music.

But I've recently decided to take up piano again.
Quote by vowel
At least here in high school you learn keyboard for 2 years to get you learning everything then you can pick your own instruments to learn. So everyone knows at least a bit of it... here anyway.

My high school has no music class. And you get to learn instruments in school? wow
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I want to learn piano... I know a bit but not really much. I think pianists do better at other instruments (like guitar) a lot, because they already have the idea of notes down, and on a piano you can actually see how theory works out... yeah anyway.
I don't get it either.
I have 4 years of piano lessons. I hated it during that time, but i can trace almost everything i know back to it. I wish i didnt quit now.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
i wanted to play Let It Be by the Beatles.
then i got into all these classic rock like clapton and zeppelin
so i took up guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I've played piano all my life, I started with easy stuff then learned alot of beatles songs then went on my own I started playing guitar about 4-5 years ago but it took me awhile to get it but now i've got it and love it.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals