I havn theard much about it other than that it exists. Post a link to it if you can.
I think its a good idea, and I'm interested in how it takes off. People are going to come and bash saying that it's gonna be too digital sounding and how they don't like the digital world of guitars. But in this case it's just a digital transmission of the signal, in the end the signal transfer should just be a lot more clear, and should eliminate noise.
Sounds like a cool idea, but for $4,000 i'd rather buy a Gibson Les Paul, a Marshall JCM 2000, and 5 pedals.
^For $4,000 I'd rather buy an American Strat, put David Gilmour EMGs in it, a Vox AC30CC1, some rack-mounted delys and reverbs, and lotsa effects.

But that's just me...
Quote by RadioMuse
^For $4,000 I'd rather buy an American Strat, put David Gilmour EMGs in it, a Vox AC30CC1, some rack-mounted delys and reverbs, and lotsa effects.

But that's just me...

Yeah, for $4,000 I think any guitarist can get their dream rig, instead of spending it all on one digital guitar that isnt proven to be good yet.
id be willing to try it and give it a shot, im not willing to pay that much for one though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Shit, even if it was $1,000 I wouldnt get it. I like the more traditional style of how guitar is. You sit down in a quiet peaceful area, plug in, and just play. The idea of plugging your guitar into your computar sounds a little unorthodox.
i think its for the pros who wanna take their already kickass sound and bring it to their fancy recording studio and make it sound more amazing.

ah i need money...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by TJM2482
Shit, even if it was $1,000 I wouldnt get it. I like the more traditional style of how guitar is. You sit down in a quiet peaceful area, plug in, and just play. The idea of plugging your guitar into your computar sounds a little unorthodox.

I do, but its not my only amplifacation. I use gutiar rig 2.2, for both recording, jamming, and as an effect.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by TJM2482

You're not using a computer, all it's doing is sending a signal down a digital line, instead of the old style of using an analog unbalanced line. Just meaning the signal path will be more clear overall, and should eliminate some of the extra noise and crap we tend to get with guitars.