What are some good things to absorb sound in a practice/jamming room? Are foam pads good? I mean i wanna be ableto jam loud late at night. say, somehow my band couldn't make it earlier in the day, and so it's summer time, so we meet up at 1:00 in the morning. But my parents are sleeping. I have a half-stak and i wanna crank the mother. BUT, i don't wannt wake up the baby, or the parents? Whats a good set of sound absorbers (mainly foam pads) at the highest of $150.

Help
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
**** me, why the hell would you want to have a band practise at 1am in your own house, why in the world can't it wait for the later hours of the morning.
I've been wondering the same thing. Me and my brother were thinking about raiding the dumpster of the local carpet store for carpet padding, and putting that up on the walls. Would that work?
Quote by tawermeister
**** me, why the hell would you want to have a band practise at 1am in your own house, why in the world can't it wait for the later hours of the morning.

Do you pay any attention whatsoever? Read the post again, dumbass. I was talking hypothetically.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
theres no way your going to muffle the sound completely. just put some shit up on the walls.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
t-shirts, mattresses, pillows, egg-cartons, probably carpets... yeah

they shouldn't cost too much if you have one of those local second hand furniture shops...
Quote by Twist of fate
Jizz on the walls that will absorb all sound

true that, but your gonna need a lot of people or a lot of days not jacking off, and i mean a hel of a lot :P
You're probably not going to reduce enough noise to not disturb your parents on a $150 budget... I could be wrong, but i dont think so
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
babies work real good. just go to the playground, and tell them you've got a whole bunch of candy in your car, and then take them home, and duct tape them to the walls, it works real good cuz their screams drown out the noise of your band, also when u get a higher budget were u can buy pro equipment, you can dispose of the babies without having to throw out this huge bag of babies, by simply eating them. it's a win-win situation
+1 on the egg cartons or those cup holders u get at drive throughs. If you by chance know of a place that uses a shitload of eggs and can get an abundance of them they would probably just give em to you. The beauty of egg cartons is that the shape causes the sound to bounce and gives it way better acoustics than a flat wall. For $150 though, youre not gonna be able to crank a half stack,
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.