but i have no where to begin. i alrady have a body drawn but i dont know what to put on it. i know im prolly gonna put "iron maiden" on it somewhere but i dont know how to put eddie on there. nor do i know what colors to make it. all help appreciated. (im not gonna start this for another couple months do to money. i just like to plan ahead)
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 19, 2007,
you would definitly have to pay alot of money of too have a good Eddie painted on your guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
exactly. i was thinking just the outline. not like colored in or anything. but than i dont know what color the body should be.
i found this pic and i really like. it. where do u think it should go? i was thinking between the pickups and than having "Iron Maiden" in awesome font curving around the bottom with the shape of the body. but i dont know what else i should put on there. i could also get the names of the band members engraved on the pickup covers.
It would help if you gave us a picture of the body shape.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
The Eddie sort of flag thing from A Matter of Life and Death would look sweet.
Quote by Generalpwnt
It would help if you gave us a picture of the body shape.

yea. i guess it would. ill have it up in acouple hours. needa let cam charge a little bit. and im either putting that pic i linked or the mater of life and death flag. and what you guys think of putting there names engraved on the pickup covers?
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 18, 2007,
well I know nothing about material finishes but you may be able to print out the eddie design and put that on your guitar.......but then again i know nothing about doing it
could make it a sticker but thats half a$$ing it. might as well do it the right way the first time.
Quote by moonhawk
yea. i guess it would. ill have it up in acouple hours. needa let cam charge a little bit. and im either putting that pic i linked or the mater of life and death flag. and what you guys think of putting there names engraved on the pickup covers?

Several hours later...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by moonhawk
could make it a sticker but thats half a$$ing it. might as well do it the right way the first time.

not really. If you know any good vinyling places around. You could get your iamge printed onto a vinyl sticker. Place it on the guitar and clear over it. This is the process many companies like schecter (wwII series models) use to put intricate designs on the guitars without painting them all by hand
Quote by moonhawk

Don't let Kirk hear that.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Generalpwnt
Several hours later...

lol. sorry about that. i went over to a friends house to play gears of war and ended up sleeping over there. i guess ill find try and look for some vinyl places.

body design. the shaded parts are bevels.
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 19, 2007,
your not beveling the lower horn? that would make sense for easier fret access I would think.
So the strap pin would go to the back where the neck and body meets, like on the Gibson SG?

A head shot looks the "least" difficult to paint ...

or

Even then, the blending will be pretty challenging. Masking will only take you so far, the general shapes ,etc. Then you'd have to go either freehand or airgun it for the details and blending. I'd do it for the challenge except I'm not too crazy about demons, skulls, fangs, or that genre.

If you can pull it off, it's gonna be badass! Good Luck!
the aces high pic would look really badass between the pickups but i dont know if i could get anyone to paint that. my friends dad is a really good painter(on his old car he painted and awesome tiger head) but i dont know if he would be able to do it. so im prolly gonna have to look for osmeone to paint it on for me professionaly. i just dont know who and where.
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 20, 2007,
so, you ever get anywhere with this?
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I saw a thread just recently, a guy printed out a picture onto a giant label (essentially making a giant sticker) and applied it to his pickguard, then put a clear coat over it. It ended up coming out really well. That might be something that could work for this guitar.