So I'm looking at the valvekings the 112 and 212 combos
but I don't know if the 112 would be loud enough for band practices and semi large gigs
I'm counting on the 212 to be louad enough but I could have the 112 up louder and get a better tube tone at home so i'm counting ont he helpful ugers to let me know which would be better
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
the 212 is more than u'll ever need ... unless ur playing in a stadium... enuf for any hall... personally i would go bak to the 112 if i can

how semi large is ur definition of semi large... 100s? 1000s? 10000s?

p.s. i always prefer micing anyway if i can cos when ur that close to the amp with the 212 turned up it will feedback like hell.. this also reduces hearing damage

edit: unless u have a roadie crew .. or band mates who are willing to help out.. its hard carring it for more than 2 blocks
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
I just got the 112, and that bastard is pretty loud. I have a gig this Friday, so I'll let you know how it help up.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.