I got my pick stuck inside my guitar!!
(dont ask me how, because it was a week ago and to be honest, I dont remember)

how am I supposed to get it out?
at first I thought that I would just shake it around until it fell out
but that is not working
what do I do?
SHAKE IT LIKE HELL.. thats what i do.. you might have to turn it upside down tho.. lol
Shake it like a salt shaker.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I can't believe there is a thread on this topic, it isn't Rocket Science dude.

Get a claw hammer, and carefully punch a hole in the back of the guitar a size that is just a little bigger than the pick, then, peer inside and when you find it, put some blue-tac on the end of a pencil, and get it out that way.

or

Submerge the guitar in a bathtub full of water, with the sound hole facing up, and the pick should float out through the sound hole
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 18, 2007,
Quote by DJaye
I can't believe there is a thread on this topic, it isn't Rocket Science for Gods sake.

Get a claw hammer, and carefully punch a hole in the back of the guitar a size that is just a little bigger than the pick, then, peer inside and when you find it, put some blue-tac on the end of a pencil, and get it out that way.

or

Submerge the guitar in a bathtub full of water, with the sound hole facing up, and the pick should float out through the sound hole

Why do I see someone taking you seriously...

To be honest, just shake it around till it's either in a place you can get it, or it falls out. Or you can just forget about it completely and use another pick.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Nobodies that stupid, are they?

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

You'd be suprised. I saw a lot of people who would believe this when I worked at Lowe's Home Improvement.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Quote by 吉他手成年
Without turning it upside down, try to shake it to right where the sound hole is, and then quick flip the whole guitar upside down and have the pick fall out. That's what I do, at least.

Yep, thats what i do. Or, when its in that position (where u can see it) put some blu-tak or double sided tape or something on the end of a pencil and get it that way.
just take the strings off and put your hand in.....simple, but effective
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
just take the strings off and put your hand in.....simple, but effective

that's just cruel man, CRUEL!
--------------------------------------------------------
what if the pick gets stuck inside an electric (dont ask me how, just thought id put my dumb ass question here instead of posting a thread about it)
Quote by DJaye
I can't believe there is a thread on this topic, it isn't Rocket Science dude.

or

LOL, I WOULD CRY IF SOMEONE BELIEVED THAT, omg good one djaye
It's just a pick. Use a new one.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I can see it now, in a year we will have kids walking up to girls "Hey baby, my career score on guitar hero is over 3 mill, ooooooh yeeah"

IS THAT SYRUP IN YOUR PANTS OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME??!!
Put some blu-tac on the end of a pencil and fish it out with that. Got it from a guitar magazine
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by DJaye
Nobodies that stupid, are they?

Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Don't be looking up the soundhole when you're shaking it. Last time I did that, I had little pieces of wood fall out and get stuck in my eye
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I agree with getting it right beneath the hole and flipping it over. Always works for me. Or throw some more in, add some percussion to your guitar.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Matic
LOL, I WOULD CRY IF SOMEONE BELIEVED THAT, omg good one djaye

Loser. I never went to UG for help on getting my pick outta my guitar...anyway, just shake...yeah...

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
The other day I took out a Polly Pocket and 2 Christmas bows that my kids shoved through the sound hole!!

EG544SC by Takamine
Jasmine S30 by Takamine

Acoustic all the way!.

Quote by adhuv
smash it up, get the pick out and then piss all over it.

it's the only way

I still think submerging it in bath water and letting it float out is the best way.

Quote by DJaye

I still think submerging it in bath water and letting it float out is the best way.

2nd best. Start a small fire with greenish twigs in the soundhole and smoke it out...
Quote by FlatLander
2nd best. Start a small fire with greenish twigs in the soundhole and smoke it out...