i just bought another guitar. It sounds okay and what not, but really, Im skeptical about the actual BRAND of the guitar.

Its shaped like an SG. It has a bolt-on neck. On the little cover on the back, it says "gibson", but underneath that it says baldwin. On the headstock it says Signature series. the head is red, along with the body.

basically, it looks like a ligit Gibson SG, but it doesnt say Gibson on the head, which kinda worries me. Could it b an actual gibson that is the signature series of this baldwin fella? I dont know any famous baldwin guitar players.

Im really just curious, because its not like im out any real money, because the guy was pretty well off, and didnt need a whole lot. so i got an SG for ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

help.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Well, Baldwin pianos are like the greatest around... and they're part of the Gibson "company"

But a guitar? Don't think so.
well, if it says baldwin but doesnt have a gibson logo on the head, im gonna go out on a limb and say its probably not a real gibson, cause every gibson ive ever seen has the gibson logo on the head. but you have to think though too, the brand of the guitar isnt as important as the skill of the one playing it, so if you can shred its not a huge deal of what brand you have, and if you only spent 100 buck on it, its not a huge loss, just another guitar for the collection... so in other words, i doubt its a real gibson, but if its only 100 buck and it sounds good and everything, then you shouldnt worry bout it
Gibson-Baldwin Music Education.
http://www.gibson.com/Products/GBME/
They're designed to be quality beginner instruments - my friend has a les paul-type guitar from them. They don't have logos on the headstock, just "signature series" or something like that.
It's not a "fake", it's a Gibson-Baldwin.
Hope I helped!

Edit: Is this the guitar you have?
http://www.gibson.com/Products/GBME/Signature/
How does it sound?

-Wahrheit Lied
I need a sig. :O!
Last edited by Wahrheit Lied at Jan 18, 2007,
yeah thats EXACTLY what i just bought apparently. Really, the guy actually put in some '57 Gibsons in it, and it sounds fine. About how much are they worth?

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

nah nah nah, i KNOW he pickups are good, i ment the stock guitar

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

Meh, if it plays well to you....I think it's fine.

The guitar is like the kind they sell in Walmart for a 100 bucks. If that. I'd put them like this...

Fender > Squier > Starcaster
Gibson > Epiphone > Baldwin

A Starcaster I played in the store has sharp frets on its neck, so I'm surprised your Baldwin SG is pretty playable.