Poll: Best guitars for metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best guitars for metal?
Jackson
90 33%
Ibanez
83 31%
Schecter
74 27%
Other
24 9%
Voters: 271.
Page 1 of 2
Which brand makes the best guitars for metal. I'm mostly talking playability-wise since pickups can be replaced.
Umm I don't know about pickups, but from experience I believe that Schecter is the best for metal out of the three. I love schecters. If you need a great metal guitar for a bit cheaper, I'd say ibanez. You can get a good ibanez for only 350 at guitar center. I really wanted a hellraiser floyd rose (schecter) for xmas but my mom said I had to go WAAAAY cheaper so I went with an Ibanez RG and I like it a lot. Great pickups and nice neck.

I wouldn't recomend jacksons whatsoever. From my experience I hate them. It's probably just me, but I personally hate jacksons.

hope i helped a bit
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I dislike the middle end Jacksons (pro series) the bolt on neck and LFR just makes me sad.
AS for your poll you should have included ESP in it.
i'd say jackson...
Schecters necks are a bit slow..
and Ibanez's choice of woods are usually a little to... plain (i'm talkin' bout basswood)
but jackson is a pretty good choice, especially with the new RR24.. great metal look and tone...
+
for the price of changing the pickups on an HSH ibanez, which is innevitable, you can get an OFR for close to the same... so its pretty equal if you wanna argue that
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Jacksons ftw. Best looks, best pickups, best necks (all my personal preference of course, but still). Ibanez necks feel sort of meh, though they'er okay too; Schechters are just too fat to be comfy. LFR's on Jacksons are great as well, the only other trem system I like more is the Ibanez ZR but I don't care that much for it, anyway.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
jackson..best looking guitars
schecter..best value
ibanez..best hardware (lo pros/wizard necks)
NOOO! I voted Jackson. I meant Ibanez. Jem ftw. Rg ftw. Older S series (Wizard neck) ftw. Jem ftw. 8 string ftw. Ep9 ftw.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Last edited by One Way Ticket at Jan 20, 2007,
IMO the Gibson SG is the metal guitar, and coming in close second is the Jackson RRV.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i have a jackson rr3 pro series, and its incredible. i also have an ibanez SZ series, and i wouldnt recommend it for metal, however, its a great guitar.
i Have 2 Ibanez's

The RG220B
and the AX7221 - 7 String
Both great For Metal

Also 1 Jackson
a Big Modded JS30 also Great for metal
Out of those three I'd say Ibanez, but ESP is a company practically made for metal.
Am I the only one that thinks ESP make some of the ugliest looking guitars on the planet?
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Jacksons all the way dude, they are friggin amazing.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by thedonutman
Ibanez S series!

yeah!!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Jacksons. I prefer their necks over the Wizards, they have the best stock pick ups and I love their body shapes.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
IMO the Gibson SG is the metal guitar.

You a troll?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I've played certain models from all, but my current axe is a Jackson DKMGT with a Dimarzio x2n/SD Full shred and I love it so much.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Everytime I look at a schecter I laugh at how much they wish that they were Ibanez

No but seriously, they used to be cool guitars in general but I think they have gone downhill
Am I the only one that thinks ESP make some of the ugliest looking guitars on the planet?

No, your not. I cant stand their fanboys either.

No guitar is anymore metal then any other. Metal can be played on anything. Your going to have some preferences, if you dont like thin necks your wont like many Ibanez', conversly if you dont like thick or finished necks some other guitars may not be for you cough.

Do you need a floyd, are you changing tunings, are you palying to drop Ab and need baritone so your strings dont go floppy? Is weight an issue? Are fret numbers an issue? Are you retarded? Can you paly guitar? Are you able to try these out? Do you have the physical and mental ability to comprehend google????????
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
I've played a $700 jackson and I think my ibanez rg was waaay better.. But I guess it's a personal thing..
1975 Ibanez Les Paul Custom with EMG 81\85 pups
Ibanez RG 470
Fender DG-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Marshall MS2
Marshall JH-1 dist pedal
Quote by costa
Everytime I look at a schecter I laugh at how much they wish that they were Ibanez

No but seriously, they used to be cool guitars in general but I think they have gone downhill

That is one of the stupidest comments I've read, Schecters are very different in comparison to Ibanez. Much different neck profiles, nearly all the Schecter models are mahogany as opposed to Basswood Ibanezs. Also Schecters have much better stock pups and are mostly hardtail while many Ibanez guitars are trem-equipped.
Quote by TheNoseBleedKid

Do you need a floyd, are you changing tunings, are you palying to drop Ab and need baritone so your strings dont go floppy? Is weight an issue? Are fret numbers an issue? Are you retarded? Can you paly guitar? Are you able to try these out? Do you have the physical and mental ability to comprehend google????????

+1 lol
1. Jackson CS, ESP CS
2. Jackson USA (higher then ESP/J-Custom for being hand crafted, with a quartersawn neck)
3. ESP, Ibanez J-custom
4. Jackson high end neckthru pro series (soloist MIJ, RR24, RR5, Dominion, demmolition, kevin bond)
5. Top end LTD, Ibanez prestige, top end Schecter
6. Jackson Low end pro series (RR3, Dinky), mid end LTD
7. Jackson X series, lower end Ibanez and schecter
8. Jackson JS, Low end LTD, Ibanez budget models, Schecter budget guitars

This is how I feel about the quality of the big 4 metal brands.

Also: LOL @ all those who voted schecter. They dont even make guitars that are close to the top quality of the other brands.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 27, 2009,
Ibanez RG FTW! Built for speed and still has that crunch!

Schecter is the poor man's Ibanez! SUE ME! Every single one i've seen my friends buy fell apart! Tremolos suck ass, Necks suck ass, Pots suck ass...Only thing that was good on it was the Tuners and Pickups. Grover Tuners and Active Seymore Duncan Designed pickups we're the only good things about the damn brand. And they where both High end!
Quote by LP_CL
1. Jackson CS, ESP CS
2. Jackson USA (higher then ESP/J-Custom for being hand crafted, with a quartersawn neck)
3. ESP, Ibanez J-custom
4. Jackson high end neckthru pro series (soloist MIJ, RR24, RR5, Dominion, demmolition, kevin bond)
5. Top end LTD, Ibanez prestige, top end Schecter
6. Jackson Low end pro series (RR3, Dinky)
7. mid end LTD, lower end Ibanez and schecter
8. Jackson X series
9. Jackson JS, Low end LTD, Ibanez budget models, Schecter budget guitars

This is how I feel about the quality of the big 4 metal brands.

Also: LOL @ all those who voted schecter. They dont even make guitars that are close to the top quality of the other brands.

This. except, schecter's usa custom shop is susposed to be really nice

ex:http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2008-USA-CUSTOM-SHOP-CS-1-38-made-NAMM-SHOW-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1539C85.aspx
not really my cup o' tea, but ya gotta admit thats pretty hot

KILLEDIT: To the guy above me: Duncan Designed pickups are not good, nor do they come in "high end" guitars. I don't know what you consider high end, but you shouldn't be finding Duncan designed pickups in a "high end' guitar

KILLEDIT#2: look at the original date on the thread...
Last edited by Killedelphia19 at Mar 27, 2009,
God damnit, great job dadudeguy....

...moron
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Killedelphia19
Nice SL2H man

Thx, same to you mate
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Rr3 'nuff Said
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I would say they're all equal except Schecter. They don't make high-end stuff. Prestige Ibanez's, USA Jacksons, and ESP's (not LTD) kill Schecters. There's really no comparison there. But I have to go with Ibanez. I love Basswood guitars, unfinished bolt-on necks, and flat fretboards. They look good too. I love the colors and shape. Plus, they're cheaper than the other companies and have the exact specs I want. It all comes down to preference once you get Schecter out of the equation.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Mar 27, 2009,
I would have to say Schecters. They are pretty much the best straight out of the box so to speak. the lower end ibanez's come with not-so-good pickups and i personally dont like the sound of jackson. Schecter has a nice smooth comfortable feel and usually come with really good pickups
I think of Schecter and ESP as being the modern metal guitars. Ibanez and Jackson both evoke images of various hair-metal bands.

That being said, I'll likely take an Ibanez over a Jackson and certainly a Jackson over a Schecter or ESP.

Get out there and play some guitars man. What we say is great and all but it's all really about how the individual instruments feel to you.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Page 1 of 2