Poll: Would this make a neat tattoo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would this make a neat tattoo?
Hell yeah, go for it!
47 69%
No, don't get that
16 24%
Sure, but I'd get it on another part of my body
5 7%
Voters: 68.
Page 1 of 2
I want to get this on my upper arm in plain black ink. I'm not getting it simply because I like Opeth, but mainly because its a badass looking symbol.

What do yall think?

Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Would it really stop you from getting it if we told you it sucked? And sure go for it.
What's up?
Opeth. Hmmm...

I wouldnt get it, but anything Opeth creates is awesome. So yeah...Go for it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Would it really stop you from getting it if we told you it sucked? And sure go for it.

Probably not, but I am not sure I am getting yet. I've been thinking about it for a while now, honestly. Getting a tattoo is a big decision, so I've gotta be sure I get what I want.

I just thought I'd see what yall had to say about it.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

I think it'd look cool right under your neck, inbetween the shoulderblades. That'd be awesome.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
What if you decide you don't like Opeth as much anymore one day. Like, say, you still like them, but not enough to get a tatoo, oh wait, to late for that, now your a hardcore fan forever.
^^I've thought about that, but like I mentioned, its still a badass looking symbol in my opinion. I still want to discuss it with my friends and family first before I make any decisions.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Once you fall in love with Opeth, you'll love them forever. Their music is just too epic to just one day say "These guys are terrible."
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
dude dont get a band logo for a tattoo, thats horribly cliche and youll probably regret it, get something that you designed yourself or in conjunction with an artist that really has a lot of meaning to you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
True dat, Nelsean. I remember the first time I heard them. I was looking for new music and I noticed a reference to Opeth in a UGer's signature. I found the songs, "Under The Weeping Moon" on WinMX. I was completely blown away. So much feeling, melody and depth. I've been hooked ever since.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i wouldn't do it. opeth are great, their logo is great... but like Final said, i wouldn't get a band logo tattooed on myself.

does the O have any other significance to you, so even if you end up hating opeth one day (i'm not suggesting that you're fickle or anything like that, but it happens), it still has a meaningful reason to be on your skin? or is it just because it looks cool?

getting a tattoo for purely aesthetic reasons is fine imo, but think it through really seriously. make sure you're 100% convinced that it will still look good in 40 years time, and you will still be happy with it. laser removal is much more painful and expensive than the actual tattoo will be.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Dont even bother to discuss it with anybody, its your body, you do what you want with it. If you think its a cool symbol, and dont really care that its going to be on you forever, then get it done.

I voted yes.

Oh yeah, and dont get it between the shoulder blades on your back, if your going to get it 'between the shoulder blades' then go for it on the lower back of your neck.
Quote by JMack
i didnt get my first erection until i was 17.

what a queerbait

Founder of the "I got my first erection before I was 17 club."

PM me to join
Even if it's because of the badass symbol I say no. You may dislike them in later days. Then you have the Opeth symbol on you forever. It's kinda the same as getting a significant other's name tattooed on you in my eyes.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Go for it!
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
Quote by AK Guitarist
^^I've thought about that, but like I mentioned, its still a badass looking symbol in my opinion. I still want to discuss it with my friends and family first before I make any decisions.

Its not like your getting a sex change...at least not now. Its a ****ing tattoo. If your scared get it in a spot that can be covered. I started with one a while back, now I am finishing up filling my biceps.
Sure, but just don't hate the band later down the road, okay?

Personally, I would make up my own symbol.
I know you're not getting it purely because you like the band, but even if it looks cool and you don't like Opeth later on, you'll still know that's the original meaning of it. I personally wouldn't go for it, and just get a different cool symbol if I were ever to get a tattoo.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
go for it....it is a bad ass logo......and if you end up not wanting later, just cover it up with another tattoo.....tattooists are good at that kind of stuff.......millions of people get shitty tattoos everyday.......at least opeth is a good band......ohhh and if you do have a meaning for the O then it should be a definite yes to get it.
yes it has to have meaning or you will hate it....which is what i said in my earlier post........my tattoo is a Celtic Knot Shamrock on the Bicep....i am irish and i am VERY proud of what that means, plus i love the color green...too bad i didnt take to much care of it...cause all the colors are faded.....especially the yellow.
If I were to get a tattoo, that would probably be it. I think it looks great. At the same time, like everyone else has said, make sure you'll still like it in however many years time.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
nice tattoo tho. but when you get older u'll regret it. u'll think that an guy with tatto who is maybe 70 years old is stupid.
There is not a single band in the world I like enough to brand their symbol into my skin.
Death to Ovation haters!
People never think about the permanance of tattoos. You really want something on your body for the rest of your existance? Plus, what if the guy sucks and it dosnt come out that great? That would be really tough to do. Just remember how permanate it is, you cant just decide to wash it off if you change (and yes everybody changes throughout their lives.)

Do whatever you want, I just want you to at least think about how unreversable it is (and no laser surgry is just a painful operation that leaves u with a giant scar, which is way worst than that logo.) Btw, I used to work at a tattoo/piercing shop, and still hang out there in my free time. Ive seen 100s of tattoos done and seen 100s of people who hate their tattoo 20 years later.
Quote by Mr_Zeppelin
nice tattoo tho. but when you get older u'll regret it. u'll think that an guy with tatto who is maybe 70 years old is stupid.

How will it be stupid? You sound like my mom. Its already becoming socially accepted. Seeing a 70 year old with a tattoo by the time he is 70 will be extremly common.
the general rule with tatoos is that getting one lowers you approximately one social class, so from lower middle class to upper working class, or from upper working class to lower working class, or from lower working class to PE teacher.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Do it.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
the general rule with tatoos is that getting one lowers you approximately one social class, so from lower middle class to upper working class, or from upper working class to lower working class, or from lower working class to PE teacher.

And from PE teacher to PETA member.
Quote by absinthe5765
People never think about the permanance of tattoos. You really want something on your body for the rest of your existance? Plus, what if the guy sucks and it dosnt come out that great? That would be really tough to do. Just remember how permanate it is, you cant just decide to wash it off if you change (and yes everybody changes throughout their lives.)

Do whatever you want, I just want you to at least think about how unreversable it is (and no laser surgry is just a painful operation that leaves u with a giant scar, which is way worst than that logo.) Btw, I used to work at a tattoo/piercing shop, and still hang out there in my free time. Ive seen 100s of tattoos done and seen 100s of people who hate their tattoo 20 years later.

I call toatol bullshit, your 17-18 Tops. They wouldnt let you work in a shop.

Quote by Nightmare_xxx

That is the dumbest thing I think I have ever read....mabye in Scotland...moron
Quote by Nelsean
Once you fall in love with Opeth, you'll love them forever. Their music is just too epic to just one day say "These guys are terrible."

Just like Children of Bodom IMO.
R E G G A E
Quote by absinthe5765
And from PE teacher to PETA member.

Good try...

Quote by absinthe5765
Fukd, I live down the road to Altered Image tattoo shop, Rochester NY. http://www.alteredimagepiercing.com/ one of the tattooist there is my best friends mom, Ive been going up there for the past 4 years. What the heck does age have to do with tattoos?

Age has alot to do with it, at least in california. If its tattoo and piercing you have to be at least 16 to go in. Just tattoo 18. Mabye you hung out, but there is now way you worked.
Quote by Fukd
Good try...

Age has alot to do with it, at least in california. If its tattoo and piercing you have to be at least 16 to go in. Just tattoo 18. Mabye you hung out, but there is now way you worked.

Ur right dude. You gotta be at least 18 to vaccum the floors and clean display cases. You dont think outside the box much do you? I never said Ive ever tattooed anybody, Ive seen 100s of them done tho, and even more people who regret getting tattoos when theyre young.
Quote by absinthe5765
Ur right dude. You gotta be at least 18 to vaccum the floors and clean display cases. You dont think outside the box much do you? I never said Ive ever tattooed anybody, Ive seen 100s of them done tho, and even more people who regret getting tattoos when theyre young.

So you were the shop bitch?
Page 1 of 2