Whenever I try to download something through torrent, I can hardly ever connect to any seeds. At some times there are 100+ people seeding, but I can only connect to 2 or 3. Other times, nothing comes up at all, just a whole bunch of 0's on the seeds and peers and stuff, but the tracker says there are 90 or so people seeding.

Does anybody have a way to help? Thanks.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
try turning off your firewall.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I don't have a firewall.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
do you have windows?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Got the same problem. Don't use torrents. They suck.
Another program for downloading music (don't download illegal music ) is soulseek http://www.slsknet.org
You can find anything you want
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers are not gay. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who is.
Quote by WaveCaster97
it could be a private tracker how many different things has this happend with? also idk what program youre using but try using utorrent

It's happened with about.. I don't know, 5 or 6 things really, and I am using uTorrent.

To Civildp : I do have windows.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
i had heaps of issues connecting to seeds when i used azureus. i have no problems at all with bitcomet. try a couple of different programs, make sure any firewalls will allow the connection, and if necessary make sure the ports being used by the torrent program are forwarded on your router.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by magicninja_
Depends on where you get your torrents from. Oink is awesome. Try searching something called port forwarding. That's your best bet. on getting more connects.

you only need to worry about port forwarding if youre behind a router, otherwise it wont do anything, and slsk can be better than torrents if you are looking for obscure stuff, but torrents are better for DLing large amounts of stuff at once (i.e the entire bob dylan discography including some of the more well known bootlegs.) and movies.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I recently got a new PC. I had my other one "Port Forwarded" (Only way I could put it) and I tried doing it on this one, and I can't seem to "Forward my port" (Again, thats the only way I could think of putting it).

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
My router is a Netcomm NB1300.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
i use utorrent now cause i had the same problem
it lets you select what you want from individual torrents
Top lel.
Alright, I did it again, and it worked this time, I put the wrong IP adress in the last times I did it. Thanks to all.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Cardioclash
Got the same problem. Don't use torrents. They suck.

Try saying that to my 600+ album collection

Utorrent is the best, also make sure your ports are forwarded properly.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Alright, I did it again, and it worked this time, I put the wrong IP adress in the last times I did it. Thanks to all.

remember, for port forwarding have a static Internal IP on the computer outside of the DHCP's range, and forward it to that. or turn off DHCP altogether. otherwise whenever you boot you're PC you have to do it again
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.