its my first time in a country where it snows so and its also the first time for my guitar.. i went on a trip for one week so i left my guitar in the house i was staying at.. i came back and my guitar feels a bit unfamiliar.. i was wondering wat exactly r u supposed to be lookin for when u look at the neck from the butt of the guitar.. like i've seen guitarists stare down the neck from the end of the guitar but wat exactly r they lookin for?? also, how can i tell my neck is off?? besides buzzes cause i prefer low action so there r a few buzz hear and there. also, how much do i hafta turn
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
To tell whether your neck is off, check the neck-relief. Weather is a very common cause of unproper neck warpage.

Fret the 1st and last fret (or where the neck meets the body) on the low E string, look at the 8th fretwire. There should be a clearance of at least 0.3-0.5mm. If its more, then you should tighten your truss rod, if the string is just lying dead on the fretboard, then you'd need to loosen them.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Place a capo or something that'll work on 1st fret. Press down top string at where body meets neck (15th fret will do) and measure gap between string and top of 7th or 8th fret. I'd give it at least 0.010". That's called a relief. It's a very small bow in the neck (that's what they're looking at while sighting down the neck) and that gives room for strings to vibrate.

The trick is to have your neck as straight as possible without buzzing. If your action's too high your neck may not have enough relief or your frets are skewered.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by toogoodd

like i've seen guitarists stare down the neck from the end of the guitar but wat exactly r they lookin for??

they're looking at 2 things
- is the neck warped ?
- where is the relief ?

besides buzzes cause i prefer low action so there r a few buzz hear and there. also, how much do i hafta turn

At least a dozen turns.
Seriously, what is it you think you hafta turn ?
if you are adjusting the truss rod, don't turn it a lot at one time or you neck will snap
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....