Hi
Guyz I am looking for a $150 bass amp for practice/jam. I am on a short budget here, and cannot extend much. But keep it around $150 ok? We have 2 guitarists, and a drummer, playing metal. They have 30W amps, not really cranked. I want something that can at least hold on till my proper amp arrives (Ashdown MAG 2x10). I'll be playing thru Ibanez SR505. Plz advise. THnaks.
Question of the year!!
Quote by Hells_Bell
Would you rather take it in the ass and eat cake, or suck **** and sit on a cake?
well, to get over a drummer, at gig satisfaction you would need a 120 watt at least. if its just for jamming and home practice any amp from 75w upwards will work, if you crank it. it wont be very healthy for the amp and your tone/bass will suffer. but it will get the job done. form personal experience a peavey minx which is 75w worked perfectly for me i had to crank it to 9, just before 10, it wasn't a very good amp after a few jams, to gig you need at least 120. now i jam with a 250 watt ebony amp, locally made in australia, good amp.
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
s*** i forgot to tell you what amps to go after.

go seeing as your budget is 150, and you only need about a 75 w, there are some really great peavey's that you can buy, ashdown are good, and i hear the 50w crates are great aswell. if your really desperate, go behringer, but be warned after about three years of use there's worth nothing and sound even worse and big $$$ to repair. i guess you wont really be needing it so maybe a behringer will be better, you can get like upto 150 watts for leik $200 in australia. thats like 150- 170 american i think. and i think amps and guitars are cheaper over there too
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
A 30W will do fine. I crank my 30W to less than half way at jam sessions in the basement and have power to spare.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
i have a behringer 3000xt (me thinks its called) bass head
they don't make it any more but they do make the next one up which is a 450 watt head :P
they are realy cheap and work like a dream :P

http://behringer.com
TUNED

Join now ^^^^^ NEW GUITAR FORUM ^^^^^^
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RB120-120W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=487152
For sheer wattage per dollar, I think that's the winner. I've had it for about a year, and I don't think the tone is bad either. It's just a bit finnicky; It may take you a while to dial in.
I'll consider that, but can u ship it to Pakistan??? That is without costing me a few hundred bucks?
Question of the year!!
Quote by Hells_Bell
Would you rather take it in the ass and eat cake, or suck **** and sit on a cake?
get a behringer bx600, i get pretty good tone out of mine and they are only 160 dollars, (60w)
My gear:
Spector Legend Classic (4 str)
Ampeg BA115
Korg AX3000B Modeling Processor

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop" club. PM C.C. Deville to join