Yeah, so ive got this Ibanez RG27SP guitar and recently a buzzing has been coming from the bridge on the G-string (haha). Anyway, its been fine for a few years and has only started. It also only happens when it is played open, and it isn the string buzzing on the neck.

So if there is anyone who has experienced this before, can ya give me a hand.
Just the G-string?

Check the saddle, when restringing, do not poke out the end too deep inside coz underneath the saddle there's a tiny metal cap. If the string end is too deep, the metal cap will come off and eventually will cause a lil buzzing on the bridge.

I suggest you cut the end of the g string and restring it again
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I only bent the end like not even a centimeter, so i don't think it would have reached that deep. If it has, if i lift the string a little bit will it stop the buzzing?
There's no telling on how the measurement should be, it could also be that the metal cap came off when you poke the strings, it could also not be the metal caps at all.

But just to make sure it isnt the metal caps that's causing you the buzzing:
- cut the bent end of the g string
- fully tighten the fine tuner on the g string (see that you CAN fully tighten it and not stuck in the middle or half way, it should be a loose feel)
- put the g string in (fine tuner is still in fully tightened) and tighten the string lockers. **If you cant access the string locker, carefully use your hand and roughly tighten the string lockers until the string is secured and loosen the fine tuner until you can get an allen screw in there
- set the fine tuner to middle position, re-tune the whole system
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, that worked, i cant hear any buzzing now. Thanks for that Madpickin. Why did it work by tightening the fine tuner though?
By tightening the fine tuner, you'll eventually place the metal caps underneath it to its default position so that it isnt out of place anymore.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic