Hi, I've been playing guitar for about 5 years now and I am pretty new to this forum, although I have been looking through it for a while.

I play a strat and play through a pod 2.0, but its not great. I'm just not getting the sounds I want.

My question is do you think the XT is a big step up, or do u think I should get pedals.
I'm not really clued up on pedals.

If so what pedals ?
depends..what effects do u want?

definitely not the xt or any other multi-rack if you want good wah, but if you use a shitload of effects, it will save you some money...i only use distortion and wah so i have individual pedals
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
I mostly play some Hendrix and Clapton stuff, so would I just need like a distrotion and chorus???

Also, whats the difference between all the distortion pedals. U get distortion, super distortion and Metal aswell ?
the pod xt live is the way to go. the wah works extremely well and you can choose between different kinds. All different kinds of effects and amp models too. I use this thing to record also and its pretty much awesome. Straight USB to my MAC. You wont be dissapointed with this.
you can download other peoples settings too cutstomtone.com , For example, you could download the eric clapton tone or whatever you're looking to achieve.
the xt live is nice.....and the wah's are cool only complaints i have are:

1. you cant toggle the wah on/off with your feet (at least i havent found a way to do it yet) you have to set it to 2 different presets. 2 identical sounds just one with the wah on and one with it off. kinda irritating

2. when you set the pedal to 0 it still has wah on it. so basically once the wah is on...it stays "wah-ing" no matter how far down the pedal is. so ireally dont use it much. but the classic distortion and chorus mods are nice. also tons of amp/cab combinations.

if the "lots of setting and buttons" thing isnt for you....then i would definately just find a few pedals that you like and go with that. more comlicated isnt always better...hope i helped...
Quote by rtman26

1. you cant toggle the wah on/off with your feet (at least i havent found a way to do it yet) you have to set it to 2 different presets. 2 identical sounds just one with the wah on and one with it off. kinda irritating

2. when you set the pedal to 0 it still has wah on it. so basically once the wah is on...it stays "wah-ing" no matter how far down the pedal is. so ireally dont use it much. but the classic distortion and chorus mods are nice. also tons of amp/cab combinations.

if the "lots of setting and buttons" thing isnt for you....then i would definately just find a few pedals that you like and go with that. more comlicated isnt always better...hope i helped...

To turn the wah on/off, you just push down hard like any other wah pedal. You can set the effects you want to each pedal and then turn them on and off like a stompbox. My friend has one and they sound sweet
You should get pedals, linepods are very expensive and dont give you the sound you wont most times + i heard when its broke its chinese so you need to get it back to i dno ... , while pedals are not so expensive as a linepod ( but they sure aint cheap ) but give you better quality, well thats my opinion
Quote by rtman26

You actually push down hard on the top of the pedal and it will switch, takes a bit to figure out, you really do have to stomp down on it.

What do you mean it stays wahing even on zero, wah is variable it goes through and enhances different frequencies, so the higher you go the more trebly it should sound and more bassy the lss you go. If you don't want wah you just turn it off.