Continuing on my spamfest...has anybody watched the whole series of, Around the World in 80 Days (by Michael Palin, former Monty Python)? I've watched it a long time ago and in fact i've watched it more than once. It was on last year on one of the Sky documentary channels (DC travel most likely) where it showed every episode from the beginning - wow, more than 8 hours.

I really like it - best documentary ever. If you haven't the slightest clue what i'm going on about, here's a brief summary from Wikipedia.

Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days is a 1989 BBC television series (and an accompanying book) presented by comedian and actor Michael Palin documenting his eighty-day trip around the world. Palin was to not use any form of travel that was not around during Jules Verne's book, Around the World in 80 Days in 1873; most importantly, he was to use no aircraft. He followed Phileas Fogg's route as closely as possible during the series. However, Palin encountered several setbacks that Fogg did not, partly due to traveling with a five person camera crew, his Passepartout. It would be Palin's first travel series, and they would be followed by such series as Pole to Pole, Sahara with Michael Palin and Himalaya with Michael Palin.

http://www.palinstravels.co.uk/static-7

The Main Challenge

To view small segments of the documentary, see the bottom of this page.

Clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufgyJ2yYB0
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at May 11, 2007,
Quote by Child In Time
It's fantastic. Palin as a presenter is great.

Excellent

What was your favourite country he visited? I really liked the ones where he was aboard the Neptune (that was the ship name right? I can't remember). I'm going to buy the DVD series today.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Excellent

What was your favourite country he visited? I really liked the ones where he was aboard the Neptune (that was the ship name right? I can't remember). I'm going to buy the DVD series today.

Was that after Egypt? I liked Egypt and Saudi Arabia...
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I watched it when it first aired ages ago but cant remember much except it being awesome. I think my dad still has it lying around on video somewhere
Mega bump because recently, i've been watching the whole series again. God, I swear after watching the episodes, you actually feel as if you did go around the world in 80 days!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Yer...guess I should. Jeeze dude. You're such a party pooper.

/revision
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm skiving too.

Weekend exams suck.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Bumped from the dead. I'm rewatching it again! I've just purchased the Palin Collection from Amazon as well as New Europe which I've been dying to see since it came out. Around the World in 80 days is so addictive. When you've finished watching the series, you actually feel as if you've visited those places!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤