well, you could probably get a better sound than them cheaper thatn u might have expected. The guitars dont really sound too amazing live! All you need is pretty much some awesome distortion and a half decent guitar with good pickups
that depends on how much you think its worth to get a sound like that, i think that just using a setting on my SFX box thing works allright, its only a cheap little thing (like 50 quid, thats uh, below 100 USD) and a 10Watt amp for practice in my bedroom, and i can get the rhytm guitar sound, well close enough for me,
Last I heard Matt uses a Digitech Death Metal Pedal in his rig with a Maxon OD808 methinks
I've been playing Trivium for a while and I've a distortion similar to theirs. I run a BOSS ME-50 pedal with the 'Metal' distortion with 3/4 gain, 3/4 Tone, 3/4 Low, and 1/2 level, through a Crate amp with the EQ set to 4/4 low, 4/4 Tone, and 3/4 Mid. And there's the formula, just to help. Also, the Crate I have has 120 Watts and 2 12" speakers, so it helps to have an amp that will push the lows further than smaller models.
Last edited by HarmonicMinor at Jan 18, 2007,
The Trivium "sound"? Drop-D riffs, cheesy breakdowns, Friedman-inspired solos, and progressively stupider lyrics each album.

The Trivium "tone"? Try the settings thread.
Quote by Cjay4
Last I heard Matt uses a Digitech Death Metal Pedal in his rig with a Maxon OD808 methinks

I knew he used the Maxon OD, but i highly doubt he would need to use a digitech death metal pedal, especially with his JCM 2000 that he uses. Using a distortion pedal through that rig makes no sense.
Mahogany guitar + EMGs + Peavey 5150.

Not sure if that'd work for the last about though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Danno13
The Trivium "sound"? Drop-D riffs, cheesy breakdowns, Friedman-inspired solos, and progressively stupider lyrics each album.

you basically want some kind of high gain tube amp, and a bridge humbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DearLosty
well, you could probably get a better sound than them cheaper thatn u might have expected. The guitars dont really sound too amazing live! All you need is pretty much some awesome distortion and a half decent guitar with good pickups

Heyy...come on...
Quote by Danno13

you too...well...no...but not anymore...wait, no...yeah! you too!