Page 1 of 2
A few weeks ago I was watching a video of The Eagles Live in Melbourne.

When they played Hotel California, it was kinda weird, as the drummer was singing.
I am not trying to take anything away from the song, or the band, or the drummer's drumming and vocal skills, or even drummers in general. It just kinda looked awkward.

When the singer is playing guitar/bass/keyboards/piano/mandolin or other similar instrument, it looks alright, but when the drummer sings, it looks really weird and awkward.

Does anyone have similar feelings?
the drummer from FFAF does the screams
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by CoreysMonster
to sing and play an instrument is cool, but singing and playing drums....

ROFL

And if the drummer does backup vocals or even screams sometimes it looks ok, but if they sing the whole song it looks gay. Sorry.
The drummer in atreyu sings too. but they're crap.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
the drummer from FFAF does the screams

>.< When did you change your avatar.

I think singing and drumming is alright, as long as the singers good eh? ^^
Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater does backup vocals occasionally.

Actually, it does look a bit awkward, but nothing beyond that.
I can sing and play drums. Not exemplary at drums though - I'm a singer, heh. (I play rhythm and sing for my band)

But yeah, drummers shouldn't sing the whole song.. needs somebody else. Backup's are ok. I only do it for practice to demonstrate to our drummer how I want something done, lol.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
In this local band called Indian Ocean all the members sing, even the drummer...
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
i watched that eagles concert it was unbeleivably good. and did u see how crap the Cream concert afterwards was comared to eagles?

but yea it was a bit weird to see him sing and drum. good song, good singer, good drummer. but it was a bit weird
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
I think it's quite cool. The singer in my band used to play drums for us and sing during our practices and even at our first gigs, until we got a proper drummer. He was clearly the best singer out of us all and he could hold a beat together at the same time, so it made sense until we decided to push ourselves forward a bit more, and then we found ourselves a real drummer.

I think the reason it's quite uncommon is because playing drums generally involves more things happening at the same time, and singing on top of that is too much sometimes, but apart from that I don't see why drummers shouldn't sing. The drummer in Biffy Clyro does most of the backing vocals, and he still manages complicated timings and rhythms.
how is it occward? its not occward at all... Phill Collins.... Peter Chris(Kiss).....
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Jakester
i watched that eagles concert it was unbeleivably good. and did u see how crap the Cream concert afterwards was comared to eagles?

but yea it was a bit weird to see him sing and drum. good song, good singer, good drummer. but it was a bit weird

Yeah, Cream were pretty average. I suppose they are more of an acquired taste. Because it was New Years Eve, it was better to hear some relaxing Eagles soft rock as apposed to Cream's whatever the hell it is that they play.

The Eagles are so awesome.
I think it looks cool...to me it's more cool than weird that the guy's hands are bashing and his head and neck are tilted forward to the mic. It's just something that you don't see often.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Dr Grinwraith
if you can sing and play drums then your drumming isn't good enough

Say that to mike portnoy. you will have your groinal area removed

btw, what is it with you and retarded posts...

Quote by metaldud536

A LOT of disco drummers sang. I was watching one of those ads on TV for the greatest 70s hits, and every other drummer was singing.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Say that to mike portnoy. you will have your groinal area removed

btw, what is it with you and retarded posts...

because i'm retarded
A lot of drummers sing. The guy from Atreyu does and sometimes the guy from Afi does too.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Stevo of Sum 41 sings (well raps) andTre Cool from Green Day sings on a bit of 'Homecoming'
I saw the Farewell 1 tour and they did Hotel California and the vocalist/guitarist traded instruments with the drummer. My brother, a drummer, pwned me in the face for like a week after 'cause I told him drummers don't sing...
I think it's cool that they can all sing and play each others' instruments.
Death from above.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Barry Wom sung "Living in Hope" for the Rutles...
Last edited by Baronvon at Jan 18, 2007,
Roger Taylor of Queen sang a lot while drumming(actually,he's known for drumming dificult parts while singing).

Keith Moon also sand while drumming.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Jan 18, 2007,
When I saw Journey, their drummer sang two songs. And he sounded more like Steve Perry than their normal lead singer did. It wasn't as awkward as I expected it to be, but then again, his set wasn't very big. If you're buried in so many cymbals that your audience can't see you, then maybe.
Nick D'virgilio of spocks beard drums and sings lead after Neal Morse left.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
for someone who likes sum 41 you don't know much about them, Steve sings alot, infact IN Pain For Plesure (yes i spelt it wrong) he doe's the lead vocals, and he does alot of lines in other song, seeing your naming Sum 41 with Blink and Green day your favraoute song is probably Fat Lip or maby another song of that album and he does lots of vocal work in that aswell.

p.s. we will miss you dave
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Guitar0player
(actually,he's known for drumming dificult parts while drumming).

Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
in Germany we have a punkband called Die Ärzte (the doctors). their drummer sings whole songs while drumming, so not only background. and he is pretty good at singing and playing. but i doubt you know them....
Quote by Odo
in Germany we have a punkband called Die Ärzte (the doctors). their drummer sings whole songs while drumming, so not only background. and he is pretty good at singing and playing. but i doubt you know them....

Dude, they suck ass. Seriously. And no, he cannot sing. He is the worst singer ever (cept that dude from the Sportfreunde Stiller). How can you like those retards?!
Quote by Turd_Ferguson
I'd probably end up hitting the mic with my stick.

Hahaha My drummers done that in our last practice, broke the mic.. funny as hell

And by the way, to the guy who asked, Cream are a Blues Rock band.
Page 1 of 2