Page 1 of 2
These guys are a new band, the singer is Chris Duaghtry from American Idol last year and he has an amazing voice. I seen them on The Tonight Show last week. I forgot what their single is but it kicks ass. So who has heard them?
Quote by DownInAHole.
"It's Not Over."

Yeah, that's all I've heard. Sounds good but really over produced.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
Yeah. Its a good album. My mom got it and I listen to a lot. "Its Not Over" almost sounds like Three Doors Down in the intro

Yes, very much like 3DD.
LOL
I don't really like his new album. I liked the old stuff with his old band i think they were named absent element. But I had higher hopes than what i've heard fomo him.
actulay i was shocked to find i like his music id figure it would be some gay stuff like clay lol (american idol just made me think that way)
Quote by irishmatt1992
Over produced?

I don't know. Just sounds that way to me. Like his voice. Some of the bands that try really hard to make popular singles sound that way to me.
yeah i like their album. some great songs on there. i love crash and its not over.
What I Want is their best song though. Slash makes it so sweet with his style
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
I thought it was Three Doors Down until I saw the video for it

I like it; thought I heard the voice somewhere and finally knowing it's him makes me a little happy he wasn't forgotten.

He should of won AI
Daughtry's OK, there just...to poppy. But some of there songs (What I Want feat. SLASH, There and Back again) actually rock out. They're (or he, really) are (or is) just a decent band.

If they only weren't such a pop band, and made good music...
yeah it's way too pop. he shoulda gone with fuel although that's not MUCH better either. my wife is goo-goo over him. i think the songs get old really fast. there's nothing special about them. he has an awesome voice. that's my only compliment
I think the band is pretty good. Didn't really start listening to him until around January, previewed some of his songs and then got downloaded the album. They are one of my guilty pleasures I guess.
Quote by J_J
yeah it's way too pop. he shoulda gone with fuel although that's not MUCH better either. my wife is goo-goo over him. i think the songs get old really fast. there's nothing special about them. he has an awesome voice. that's my only compliment

Any American Idol contestant is gonna be somewhat intwined with the pop culture.
LOL
this is true. they probably have their hands in what he's doing anyway
Popular culture though is not always a bad thing. Depends on how you look at it. Britney Spears in a no. Daughtry actually has talent. Plus he makes millions now, so I wouldn't complain.
LOL
i dont think so bud. thats what made him stand out in A.I. he was a rocker. and he sounds about 4 times as good as 3DD, because he knows how to mix it up. It's Not Over, Crash, There and Back Again are all great songs to follow up a great album that happens to be platinum. He also does a hell of a lot more than vibratos, anyone with real musical knowledge would know that. See for yourself:

http://www.searchforvideo.com/music/c/chris-daughtry/
i love "its not over".
i really think that from being brand new and fresh out of american idol,
he really did a good job. :]]

kudos for chris. :]]
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WATCHESEVERYTHING

"my momma said that if i was good, she's give me my piano back..."
-lola

proud sdc model.

Quote by Twist of fate
HeadphOWNED
Quote by MT's #1 Fan
i dont think so bud. thats what made him stand out in A.I. he was a rocker. and he sounds about 4 times as good as 3DD, because he knows how to mix it up. It's Not Over, Crash, There and Back Again are all great songs to follow up a great album that happens to be platinum. He also does a hell of a lot more than vibratos, anyone with real musical knowledge would know that. See for yourself:

http://www.searchforvideo.com/music/c/chris-daughtry/

Quote by DownInAHole.
Daughtry actually has talent.

You obviously didn't read my post at all judging from what you said.
LOL
He's not half bad actually.

Over produced to the ****in' max though....
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
There and Back again is his best song on the album. Inconsequently, Brent Smith penned it with him so that is actually no surprise.
Quote by eXperiment63
There and Back again is his best song on the album. Inconsequently, Brent Smith penned it with him so that is actually no surprise.

Agreed. What I Want is 2nd, followed by It's Not Over. The rest are pretty generic.
The.
I listened to their single "Its not over" and loved it. I decided to buy the CD and loved all of it. I never really knew that he was from American Idol til after i bought the CD. Its probably the only CD ill buy from anyone off AI.
he might have talent but i know he could do better than from what ive heard, it just seems like he wasnt trying to make a real rock record, its a little to poppy for me

also the worlds least original band name
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Yes, very un-original.

And I understand what you're saying, I think that he is more of a hard rock kind of guy and it turned out just...rock. He needs to kick it up a notch in my opinion. Not bad though.
Terrible. The most unoriginal crap I've ever heard.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
I don't mind the record, I would like to see him expand though.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
well downinahole, i was referring to the guy above you. Despite the differemces we've had, you make a good piont. So believe be, I wasn't bashing you
Quote by Musical Meds
Terrible. The most unoriginal crap I've ever heard.

Shows how much you know about music.....: Nothing
lets be honest about the single (its not over) though, those are some cookie cutter reused bullshit lyrics if i ever heard them.
Quote by MT's #1 Fan
Shows how much you know about music.....: Nothing

No offense or anything but daughtry is unoriginal and cookie cutter but has a great voice and talent! Still no offense alter bridge and creed arent too terribly good either.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Chris Daughtry definitely has talent, and I think these guys are pretty listenable. They're not spectacular, but they are definitely not bad. Meh, I like em, I don't care if he was on AI or if they're overproduced or anything, I like the music. And they're definitely better than Creed! :P
Quote by Leonheart
I don't know. Just sounds that way to me. Like his voice. Some of the bands that try really hard to make popular singles sound that way to me.

So bands that don't polish their recordings in post production don't want to have their singles be popular?

I'm glad Daughty's single is catching attention. It's good to turn on the radio and hear some actual vocal talent for once.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
No offense or anything but daughtry is unoriginal and cookie cutter but has a great voice and talent! Still no offense alter bridge and creed arent too terribly good either.

It's okay, it's not my fault you have alot to learn. Oh, and about 30 million people happen to disagree with you on the Creed thing. But Alter Bridge could be alot better
Quote by MT's #1 Fan
well downinahole, i was referring to the guy above you. Despite the differemces we've had, you make a good piont. So believe be, I wasn't bashing you

It's not my fault you fail at quoting. By the way, you need to quit bashing everyone's musical tastes and opinions. They're not all going to be the same as yours. Plus, I wouldn't make fun of anybody seeing as you're a fan of Tremonti, rock's most washed-up guitarist.
LOL
You know, the fact that the guy spelled the name of the band wrong for this thread really helps people find this thread. Just saying.
The.
Page 1 of 2