Hey i kno there seem to be a lot of posts about pinch harmonics, but none f them r helping me...
I can't seem 2 do it right, I will randomly get a harmoic when im not trying, and when i am trying i cant...

I dunno how to place my thumb and all...

plz reply if u have anythin to help...
thx
Put your thumb a bit below your pick and don't thump the string, but pick it slowly and and try not to make it vibrate as much. It takes alot of practice to get used to and I reccomend the fills from you You Really Got Me by Van Halen to practice the technique.
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation
Quote by Jonjy2
Hey i kno there seem to be a lot of posts about pinch harmonics, but none f them r helping me...
I can't seem 2 do it right, I will randomly get a harmoic when im not trying, and when i am trying i cant...

I dunno how to place my thumb and all...

plz reply if u have anythin to help...
thx

i learned over a day its easier than it looks. ..the thing is that after u hit the string with the pic you have to just slightly hit it with ur thumb afterwards..
so try to hold the pic closer to its edge.
heres a god vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzO5Ne8d9HI

GL!!
Gear:

Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
I have the same problem but like they say just hit the string with the pick and follow up by hitting it with the side of your thumb, it just takes practice, i have been trying to do my scales with all pinch harmonics so i can get used to it and it works very well so try that or even some chromatics like 1234 all the way up and down the strings and neck with all pinch harmonics will help.
also you can try picking the string in different places because not all the frets have the same "g-spot" for a nice pinch harmonic... experiment a little