I play rhythm guitar in my band and now I want a decent guitar made for playing rhythm stuff. So I play mostly Hardrock, Classic Rock and a littlebit heavy metal. My question for you guys is what does a good rhythm guitar has to have?

Thank you
a les paul or basically any guitar with humbuckers
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
its not the guitar that matters so much as whats in it...get something with some nice humbuckers and ull be good to go
maybe PRS or Ibanez.... or Jackson....
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
I personally say it's all about feel. Go to a guitar shop, play some of the guitars. You'll know which one's for you.
Quote by NewYorkYankee
I personally say it's all about feel. Go to a guitar shop, play some of the guitars. You'll know which one's for you.

+1

some guitars sound awesome when you play the chords but don't shine enough in the leads, i think that's because of the neck
Quote by NewYorkYankee

+1
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
well like everyone has said a guitar with good humbuckers is the best bet but you can get off with an ibanez or a telecaster but if you have the money go for the gibson les paul
Rythm guitar's a style,I'd say any guitar would be fine,well except for a crappy one
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Can't go wrong with a les paul but with that said...don't be the dude with the good gear who can't play for shit. You don't want to be that guy. Also what type of amp you got ?
Lol I wish I could buy all that stuff but I can't...

Well my amp is a fender roc pro 1000, it isn't new but it does what it needs to do so. The thing is I really want to become a good rhythm player. The lead guitarist in my band said a ESP Exployer should be fine for me. The thing is I don't have a lot of money so if I buy a new guitar it has to be a good one that last long.
Just how much money do you have?, look at the Washburn WI14 at Musiciansfriend.com, it is a great guitar , its only like 150 dollars
i find a Lp has the feel i want for ryhtem, not quite good for shred though (neck issues)
but just fidn a guitar you look comfortable playing chords on..
tones for what your looking for, easy playablity etc
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Vantage
Squier Hello Kitty

JK

Try some Epiphone, PRS, and Ibanez.

You should try guitars on the shop, it's all up to you in the end anyway.

+1 to the part about trying guitars in the shop.
And I've always wanted to go into a music store, plug one of those Hello Kitty Strats into a high-gain amp and play, say, Tornado of Souls.
jacksons are cool, i own one and i love it haha, les pauls are good though too, i own one of those as well and i love that guitar too ahah

guitar #1: jackson DK2L
guitar #2: epiphone les paul 100
bass #1: fender presicion
amp head: behringer vampire LX1200H
amp cab: behringer g412f
pedal: Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Flip the switch from tremelo to Rythym. Pretty much any guitar can be a Rythym guitar.
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation