hmmmm, well there is no better.

Tim commerford of ratm and audioslave uses a guv'nor
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
And Adrian Moore of The Very Special Guests uses a Guv'nor ! Nuff said ! haha

Yes, i sold my ODB3 and i now nly use the Marshall. Never much cared for it to be honest!
did timmy c use the old black ones or the newer chrome-looking ones?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
did timmy c use the old black ones or the newer chrome-looking ones?

on back of evil empire cover hes usin a black one
Yeah, the original blacks are hard to find. I remember trying to find one years back, and ended up having to buy the GV-2.

Though there's this guy offering me an original on another forum, but for £60. I'm tempted...
Quote by Charlatan_001
What do the newer Guv'Nors sound like on bass anyway?

They sound cool. They have a 3 band eq on them. I tended to boost my bass and mids by a good pinch.

I honestly expected it to sound more thinny. But I thought it coped quite well.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
They sound cool. They have a 3 band eq on them. I tended to boost my bass and mids by a good pinch.

I honestly expected it to sound more thinny. But I thought it coped quite well.

sound like rage/audioslave??
yeah but now he's using a homemade distortion. And three ampeg SVT-2PRO amps, good luck copying that....
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
yeah but now he's using a homemade distortion. And three ampeg SVT-2PRO amps, good luck copying that....

Not to mention Tim's hand-wound pickups.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Not to mention Tim's hand-wound pickups.

Easy peasy........

Help me to live.

I'd love to try that rewinding pups. i might buy a second hand pup and try it...
I've got an original Guv'nor (I can just sense the jealousy )
Definitely better than the ODB3, but maybe cos I've got it set up spot on correctly, I dunno. The one advantage the Boss does have is that its a full pedal, whereas the switch for the Guv'nor can hurt your feet if you're not wearing shoes. But that's no biggy...
you noticed i turned a perfectly normal thread about marshal pedals into a thread about timmy C

its gone from good to great

Help me to live.

Quote by flyingmarlin
you noticed i turned a perfectly normal thread about marshal pedals into a thread about timmy C

its gone from good to great

aye :P

now i need those bloody cabinets he uses lol!
Quote by watchingmefall
Just imagine a Timmy C sig bass, man. I envy that man´s tone.

~OMFG ! that actully has to be done, you reckon if we all write to fender pleading with them , they will consider making it, because IMO they would sell great!

i think im right in saying that atlest half of this bass forum would mind a Tim Commerford custom

Help me to live.

you'd still not get his tone. he guards his tone like launch codes to nuclear weapons. it may look like a timmy c bass, but it aint gonna sound like one !!
Quote by Applehead
you'd still not get his tone. he guards his tone like launch codes to nuclear weapons. it may look like a timmy c bass, but it aint gonna sound like one !!

I love the tone and the look of his Jazz bass, so even if i were to get the look i would be over the moon.

But, i think if fender custom shop took him prisoner i think he would be more than happy to give away his secret

Does Marcus miller have his tone?

Help me to live.

You cant just buy a sig bass and sound like that person. it needs their amps, their strings, their effects, their compressors...and most importantly their fingers.

Good luck!

p.s you should be trying to find your own tone, not copy someone elses. Why are people so obsessed with finding other peoples tones? I've never wanted to sound like someone else. I want people to try and sound like me
^ i know , Thats the point i was getting across lol, I love his J basses in general , the plain finished with a P-bass neck and black sratchplate is awesome. I have also have my own tone which i like.

i didnt mean just walking into a store buying one and sounding like tim, i know that is impossible. Im not that much of a noob

I Could always order the body, neck , parts, etc. and build it myself, or if i had the money order through Fender usa custom.

I can only dream i supose, im happy with my ibanez!

Help me to live.

You can decide for yourself, I've recorded some short samples for you. Sorry about the sound quality as I'm using a computer mic, but its good enough for you to decide which is better. The background hissing isn't as obvious in real life...
Guv'nor
http://download.yousendit.com/EBED19275FB808B8

ODB3
http://download.yousendit.com/08632AE9073C4245

And I should also apologise for the playing, I've only just learnt the song. Not that that's an excuse.