so i am looking for a bigger set-up than the 50-odd watt marshall i have been playin on for the last seven years. i think it's time i upgrade.

i know i want to go with a half-stack, but i can't really decide further from there. I am a huge marshall fan, so there will probably be something marshall in it regardless. I also am torn between styles, so i figured...why not go hybrid? new meets old? i really like how guitarists like mark tremonti, the guys from KSE, and breaking benjamin sound. but, i also like the classic rock roar of a good tube, like Sammy Hagar, AC/DC, Pete Townshend, Clapton, etc. here are a few possibilities i have came up with:

1.) a vintage marshall cab with modern marshall head unit

2.) Peavey XXX with a JSM head

3.) Orange Cab with Mesa Stiletto head

4.) or you know, a total Mode Four marshall...

5.) Ampeg cab with a peavey JSX head

i guess what im looking for mainly is tube, real aggressive dirty tones, and bright, pingy clean tones....so, any info would be great. thanks guys.

oh if you have any of these things layin around in your garage and want to get rid of them, email me at beemer520@hotmail.com

thanks guys.
Don't go hybrid.

Anyway, you're looking for quite a lot there, I'll recommend a few amps to try, but price range would be helpful too.

Marshall JCM800, Orange RV30 or 50, Marshall JCM900, a Marshall JMP head and there's probably loads more, I just can't think right now....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Benni_hanna
1.) a vintage marshall cab with modern marshall head unit

2.) Peavey XXX with a JSM head

3.) Orange Cab with Mesa Stiletto head

4.) or you know, a total Mode Four marshall...

5.) Ampeg cab with a peavey JSX head

i guess what im looking for mainly is tube, real aggressive dirty tones, and bright, pingy clean tones....so, any info would be great. thanks guys.

Stay away from the Mode Four. The other combinations don't look bad at all. I'd definitely look into the JSX and Stiletto for what you're looking for.
how much cash do you have?

bear in mind all those bands you mentioned use tubes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
JSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSXJSX.

everyone loves it!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^ i don't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tubab0y is trying to sound like me (i have JSX)

i would stay away from peavey cabinets, they arent that great (except the 5150 cabs)

but a JSX would hit all those tones no problem. and with a reverb pedal, it would kick some major ass. as for cabinet, i hear a 1960 cab works quite well with the JSX
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!