which distortion pedals does he use? it sounds a little to me like the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone. he also uses other effects like a phaser and wah, and i was wondering whether anyone knew.

also his guitars. what are the pickups (active or passive) and the fingerboard like? rosewood? maple? i realise nobody will have any first hand experience with the artist's gear, but if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.
Prince tended to use the Dunlop crybaby wah wah, or thats wat ive been told by the people that ad it
I'm sure he gets his distorted tones from his amp, not a Metal Zone. And he has a Strat with active EMGs.
Quote by dannyp196
which distortion pedals does he use? it sounds a little to me like the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone. he also uses other effects like a phaser and wah, and i was wondering whether anyone knew.

also his guitars. what are the pickups (active or passive) and the fingerboard like? rosewood? maple? i realise nobody will have any first hand experience with the artist's gear, but if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.

Prince rarely uses phaser, try flanger
he does have a mtal zone which he rarely uses,
but most of it is his amp + Boss overdrive pedals
and he has one vintage pedal: Boss Vibrato pedal