Any person who knows anything about guitar has to check the new Roland Fender VG Strat. I can honestly say this is the craziest guitar i've ever seen. It's on the Fender Website so look at it.

http://www.fender.com/
So... it's a Variax with pickups.

Or a cheaper version of Gibson's Digital Guitar.
Thats just rediculous (sp?)

EDIT:
Quote by Danno13

Exactly.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I've seen it and it's cool to see Fender get onboard with the whole midi thing.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Looks alot better than a Variax though.

I like the idea of the 12 string effect too.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
It's different than the Gibson HD 6X Pro and I think cooler.
Last edited by EternFict at Jan 18, 2007,
is this suposed to be like the line 6 guitars
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
i love that silly introduction video.
id still never use some digital piece of crap when i can use REAL gear.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Looks cool. I wonder how the modeled sounds compare to the real thing. Anyone know how much it cost? Im guessing over 1000$.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
i'm not a fan of strats so much, but this is the best looking one i've ever seen. i'm a big fan of guitars and pedals looking like old '70's computer consoles. switches and blinking lights and stuff. so my suggestion to fender: make a jag version. that would be so hot. and according to the description, nobody can complain about "blasted devil-worshipping digital hokey pokey", because the neutral setting is a basic USA strat. for strat fans, i dont think you can lose with this one. i wanna try out the tuning settings.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
I think the guitar is amazing... but fails. It's got great possibilities, yes. The modeling kinda kills your volume randomly... Just watch the video, you'll get what I'm saying.

http://www.guitarworld.com/guitar_one_gear

It'll cost $2,500. Theres a review up there ^ just click the VG strat video.

*kicks self*
Didn't notice I bumped...
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 29, 2007,
Quote by Danno13

x2.

and its ruining a bunch of strat bodies, thats how i see it.
Quote by wingedgopher
I've seen it and it's cool to see Fender get onboard with the whole midi thing.

mm...not midi..
apart from being fender branded and having very realistic tones(im assuming), are there actually any advantages over just getting a variax guitar instead? Anythin to justify that price? I mean, its possible to get the same tones from a variax right? and plus you can change the sound as you choose on that.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I think the fact that without the effects its a MIA strat probably means it costs a lot more.
i was reading about this on the fender website, looks and sounds cool to me. i particularly like the idea of being able to select alternative tunings at the turn of knob, leaving the tension on the strings unchanged - how the f**k do they do that? clever electronics i guess.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
It's like a hex pick-up on it? That's the coolest way to control your MIDI console everr, except I can mount a hex pick-up on my $200 Slammer, and save $2250.
Quote by STABxYOU
It's like a hex pick-up on it? That's the coolest way to control your MIDI console everr, except I can mount a hex pick-up on my $200 Slammer, and save $2250.

not a hex pickup. As far as i understand its got more in similiar with a piezo.

Not to seem like a line 6 or a fender fanboy in anyway, but why is it that people keep saying how shit a variax is when its got more to offer for less than half the price, but if Fender comes out with something similiar for an exorbitant amount its considered amazing?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by RPGoof
I think the guitar is amazing... but fails. It's got great possibilities, yes. The modeling kinda kills your volume randomly... Just watch the video, you'll get what I'm saying.

http://www.guitarworld.com/guitar_one_gear

It'll cost $2,500. Theres a review up there ^ just click the VG strat video.

*kicks self*
Didn't notice I bumped...

is it me or does it really sound digital ?? it's doesn't sound good to me ...
i'm definitely not impressed
It's a hex pickup. Or divided pickup, if you will. Just your average Roland GK, tracks every string individually, then goes to a synth. A really cool device if unleashed, if I may say so - if you're into creating all sorts of music with your guitar. The only problem is - does the VG Strat have a midi output? Because if not, then it kind of limits the potential of the gizmo to whatever knobs Fender offers you, and what they offer is just a little demo of what a guitar synth can do.

Generally, you wouldn't try to emulate real guitar tone with a synth. It has dozens of other cool uses.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by DagMX
mm...not midi..
apart from being fender branded and having very realistic tones(im assuming), are there actually any advantages over just getting a variax guitar instead? Anythin to justify that price? I mean, its possible to get the same tones from a variax right? and plus you can change the sound as you choose on that.

have you ever played a variax? maybe theyve improved in the four years since i played one, but they werent great guitars. the modelling was interesting, but it wasnt very good to play. additionally, this doesnt require faffing about and plugging into silly pedal things.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by pifty
It's a hex pickup. Or divided pickup, if you will. Just your average Roland GK, tracks every string individually, then goes to a synth. A really cool device if unleashed, if I may say so - if you're into creating all sorts of music with your guitar. The only problem is - does the VG Strat have a midi output? Because if not, then it kind of limits the potential of the gizmo to whatever knobs Fender offers you, and what they offer is just a little demo of what a guitar synth can do.

Generally, you wouldn't try to emulate real guitar tone with a synth. It has dozens of other cool uses.

No, you'd use it to generate sounds for a synth that sounds vaguely guitar-like, like some of what Wumpscut uses.
Quote by STABxYOU
No, you'd use it to generate sounds for a synth that sounds vaguely guitar-like, like some of what Wumpscut uses.

That's kind of what I'm saying. I'd expect my synth to sound electronic, digital, synthetic, whatever you want to call it. If I wanted raw guitar tone, I'd get an amp...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
That's kind of what I'm saying. I'd expect my synth to sound electronic, digital, synthetic, whatever you want to call it. If I wanted raw guitar tone, I'd get an amp...

Much like how people complain solid-states will never emulate valve amps perfectly, synths will never emulate 'real' instruments perfectly, so it makes more sense to make them have their own unique sound.