So I'm prolly gunna get flamed for this but, I don't like either of my strats anymore. I recently got a prs and now my strats seem like crap. Is this normal when you get a substainstially nicer guitar?
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

It's normal, but they'll grow back on you when you're looking for different sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You're just suffering from snobbery. I bought an American Strat a couple years after I got my first PRS and I love it. PRS isn't "substantially nicer" than Fender, if you have good Fender guitars. They're just different.
Hi, I'm Peter
You'll get back in love with your Fenders soon enough. I thought I'd probably never touch my Strat copy for a few month when I got my Epiphone Les Paul, but I figured that my Strat could get brighter tones for certain stuff. And it's frets aren't as big, so it was good for some other stuff.
After I got my Ibanez SZ I only used my Squire strat for downtuned stuff but when I started learning Little Wing it just sounded better on it with the brighter sound and all. Eventually I hope to get an American Strat.
My preference for which guitar i use/like more changes weekly usually. Same thing will prolly happend to you. At some point youll like yout strat more agian.
You asked for it:

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
it's all about what music you are playing at the moment. 5 years ago I would have given anything for an LP. Now I think LP's are pretty much useless. It's all about personal taste, and tatste changes.
Not taking any online orders.
@Brazilisck311,

Too bad the symbols don't match.
I'm below the soldier, not in front lol.
i have the american deluxe strat also, its kickass with the locking tune keys and the albalone inlays *drools/shakes head* anyways.. yeah its normal PRS guitars look awesome never played on one though.
Send your crappy strats to me plz.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I would appreciate your strats, send em' this way my friend.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Send your crappy strats to me plz.

And me, I've got an Af75 and a '65 VINTAGE GIBSON LP!!!but send me one anyway.PM Me
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Quote by thehardwayout
And me, I've got an Af75 and a '65 VINTAGE GIBSON LP!!!but send me one anyway.PM Me

oh rub it in why don't you.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Quote by Shred Cat
Strats necks are too fat, IMO. Wish i didnt take back my ibanez........

Jesus, you must have midget hands. Last time I used a Strat, the neck was extremely thin.
they didn't make les pauls in 1965.

again.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by DanRM
@Brazilisck311,

Too bad the symbols don't match.
I'm below the soldier, not in front lol.

<shrug> I didn't make it, just found it with an image search on Yahoo.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Shred Cat
Strats necks are too fat, IMO. Wish i didnt take back my ibanez........

too fat for you maybe
its just a phase.. i have a michael kelly patriot phoenix and hardly ever touch my fender since the i got sux. but i still play it cuz it sounds different
Quote by AdamDK
You'll get back in love with your Fenders soon enough. I thought I'd probably never touch my Strat copy for a few month when I got my Epiphone Les Paul, but I figured that my Strat could get brighter tones for certain stuff. And it's frets aren't as big, so it was good for some other stuff.

Yeah, that's how I am. Depends how I feel that week, what sound I'm aiming for (Lezzie for rock/jazz/fusion/sometimes classical, Strat for ska, punk, reggae; lead and blues go either way), how my hands feel, whatever.
Quote by tubab0y
they didn't make les pauls in 1965.

again.

Why would you write that without checking your facts? If you're going to make that kind of statement, at least spend 10 secs googling it. You would have learned that Gibson started producing LPs in 1952. Instead you've just let us all know that:

You don't know what you're talking about
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Why would you write that without checking your facts? If you're going to make that kind of statement, at least spend 10 secs googling it. You would have learned that Gibson started producing LPs in 1952. Instead you've just let us all know that:

I'm pretty sure Gibson has stopped manufacturing the Les Paul Model several times.
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti

Gibson's last model year of the original Les Paul designs was 1960 and was replaced by the SG starting in 1961. They brought back the Les Paul in 1968 due to popular demand.

Apparently you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. Of course, you could've spent 10 seconds googling it or looking it up on Wikipedia, but you're the kind of presumptuous moron who can't be bothered, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Les_Paul
Hi, I'm Peter
this thread is just one more time i get to read about how wonderful this PRS is.

who cares.

and cosimo thats 2x in 5 mins u've made a bad post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Dirk Gently
Gibson's last model year of the original Les Paul designs was 1960 and was replaced by the SG starting in 1961. They brought back the Les Paul in 1968 due to popular demand.

Apparently you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. Of course, you could've spent 10 seconds googling it or looking it up on Wikipedia, but you're the kind of presumptuous moron who can't be bothered, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Les_Paul

they still made les paul juniors, specials and melody makers during that time though.
I know Soulpower is looking for a strat, if you want to sell, PM him.

But I guess it's normal, but depends on the person.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows