ok so i have a roland micro cube and i love it, i love the tone of it, and im starting gigging now and the micro cube just isnt big enough, is there any other amps beside the cubes that you guys would reccomend, i need a pretty big one too

Thanks in advance

-Andy-
hey, just go to a local music store that carries alot of guitar stuff and bring your guitar in there and just try em all out!
^

oh ya sorry, so i have around £200 and i want it to be of good standard from bands like muse up to pantera
why does everyone always forget what they play and what ther budget is?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
if you like the tone of youre cube so much why not upgrade to cube 60x
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
+1^. I dont like the Vox amps, too weak sounding for me.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
im also planning on buying a distortion pedal along with the amp, preferably boss mt-2, so what amps go well with that??
Quote by andyscoot
im also planning on buying a distortion pedal along with the amp, preferably boss mt-2, so what amps go well with that??

Please dont get a MT-2. They really are not worth that much money, a DS-2 is much better
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

^ ok then what goes with the DS-2 well, it had to be pretty versatile, i am considering the cube 60x but id also like other options, preferably to give a good dimebag tone, or the best possible on my budget, thanks
I truely cant think of a better SS amp than the Cube, to do better than that you'd have to go tube.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by Jimbo999
I truely cant think of a better SS amp than the Cube, to do better than that you'd have to go tube.

sorry, i dont get the difference between tube and 'SS' or whatever you said, and are these tube amps good and in my price range??
tube amps use valves inside to provide sound and power, a good one is around £450 for a decent size so SS (solid state) is better in your price range
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

ahhh...is there any pedals that emulate the sounds of a tube amp?? (sorry im a noob to guitar gear etc)
and if theres isnt...thanks for your help guys
you can get an Electro Harmonix English Muffn which has 2 built in tubes and sounds pretty amazing but costs £125 and requires a lot of tweaking
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by Jimbo999
you can get an Electro Harmonix English Muffn which has 2 built in tubes and sounds pretty amazing but costs £125 and requires a lot of tweaking

And even then, you've still got a solid state amp. When you don't use the Muff'n, it'll sound like a normal, bland SS.