Ibanez RG321, or Epiphone Les Paul 100? I am a beginner, and am looking for something that will last me a couple years. I like the tone of the Les Paul, but i have heard Ibanez is also good. I mostly play rock, metal, and am going to start blues? What do you guys think. I don't know if this makes a difference, but the Ibanez is $30 more. Thanks,
i would go with the ibanez but thats just personal prefernce. they are both nice.
if your going to get an epi les paul get at least a standard, the lp 100 is Terrible (my cousin lent me his when i started). the 321 isnt too bad i guess they're pretty good for versatility.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by 7PlaGues
whats your spending limit?
do you want single coils? humbuckers?
fixed bridge? floating bridge?
22 frets? 24 frets?

Well, my spending limit is about $320 in Canadian. The Les Paul is $290, and the Ibanez is $320. I want a fat tone, so I want humbuckers. I have no idea what a fixed or floating bridge is.(Explain please). The amount of frets deosn't really matter to me, but I guess 24 would be nice. I am kind of leaning towards the Les Paul right now, because I think it suits my playing style better. (plus, its $30 cheaper, and I'm a cheapass lol).
ibanez are a piece of shit at that price, but the les paul 100 is also a piece of shit. my advice would be save up and then get a better epi les paul (mine cost around 600 or so and is a pretty damn good guitar).
I got a lefty les paul 100, i don't like it, so i went with a fender mexican strat,it's more for blues,so get the ibanez
The Ibanez RG321MH is a very good guitar for it's price. Mahogany body, wizard II neck and two humbuckers. I would go for that over the LP-100, they are not too good IMO.

Fixed bridge is a bridge were it has a fixed position. It won't move, so you can't do any whammy / tremelo stuff. Another name is hardtail.

Floating bridge is a bridge that is floating, used with guitars with a whammy bar. If it's floating, it can allow you to raise and lower the pitch of the note you're playing. Look up double locking trems as well... I can't be bothered explaining :P
i dont like the lp-100.

in the epi chain it's pretty bad.
either save a little more for a studio epi, or go with something else.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011