Okay, its my first guitar with a floating trem and I just wanted to make cautionary steps b4 I do something stupid...

My guitar came in standard tuning from the factory and I would like to tune it back again(in standard tuning) after some time to keep it in-tune.... So is it safe to go ahead and tune the guitar without worrying about the bridge goin bonkers?

Do I have to unlock something on the nut or something from the bridge b4 i tune the guitar ?

How bout if I wanted to do some low-tunings? Is it safe to go ahead and do them on a floating-trem?

Anyone who is sure and knows this kind of stuff please help.
im pretty sure you tune, then lock the nut. i've only heard this but never tried, cos i dont have a locking nut. i don't think low tunings are safe because ive heard it sengds your guitar out of tune easily, and is a real bitch to tune back up.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
AHH your first floating tremolo.
magical arent they.

anyway.
always unlock the nut before you tune, if not, then you arent doing anything at all.

i suggest not tuning to lower tunings, such as "drop c" (drop d and a step down)
until you are comfortable with your tremolo
it wont cause problems
but you will have to adjust the springs in the back

have fun
whats your trem?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

your intonation will go CRAZY bad if you do drop tunings with a floating bridge.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
if its not to far off of standard tuning thn use the fine tuner near the bottom of the trem. otherwise, unlock, tune, lock and fine tune
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"