Poll: Buy a crate powerblock for £49
Poll Options
View poll results: Buy a crate powerblock for £49
Yes
5 50%
No
5 50%
Voters: 10.
So i've seen these going for 49 quid (£. Worth getting for cleans etc and just because it's so small and cheap?
Would it be your main amp? I'd get one as a backup amp/backup power amp since they are so cheap.
ok, i have a powerblockhead completely useless, its ok if you main amp head weighs a hell of alot. but reali, dont buy it, it has no power, no distortion, the cleans are very bland. I sold mine for 85 bucks, how much i 45 E anyway?
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
Where did you see them for £49? I wanted to buy one or two becuase they're stereo.
i have one and use it as a backup, it can do wonders in a pinch with a good modeling processor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've seen the Powerblock for about $79 at Guitar Center lately. If I needed a backup power amp, it would be one of my top choices.
hay get one they are meant to be great value for money im gonna get one from soundcontrol need to try it out tho
don't get it for distortion, nor should you get it for cleans. The cleans need some pedals to sound decent. If you've got a preamp or something, it could sound ok if you used the line in. I use it to power a mixer at practice, since out old poweramp broke down.
I think the point of it is to link it up with something like a Pod, thats why theyre selling it bundled with the Pod for £150.
It would be like somebody saying, "I don't want to use words to talk, I want to just go by feel, I want to rub my penis all over them. I don't want to talk" - John Frusciante's view on people who don't want to learn music theory