I went to my local Long and Mcquade and they told me a guitar like an Ibanez SZ520FM would cost about 45$ a month. Doesn't that seem like such a ripoff?

I want to rent a guitar with a fernandes sustainer system built in, a floating system with 24 frets.

How much would you think is the average price for renting a guitar?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
that doesnt really sound to bad to me. I didnt even know you could rent a guitar (relatively) long term like that, or that there was even a market for something like that. Renting a small PA is over $100 for one night. I dont know how they make any money renting guitars for only $45 a month.
why are you renting guitars?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Renting guitars? I had no idea you could do that. If you really want the guitar, I'm sure most places have payment plans.
he said long and mcquade

..think canadian guitar center

go canada!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by evansut7
that doesnt really sound to bad to me. I didnt even know you could rent a guitar (relatively) long term like that, or that there was even a market for something like that. Renting a small PA is over $100 for one night. I dont know how they make any money renting guitars for only $45 a month.

i can rent a 300 watt PA with a mixer and speakers for $60 a month here, and lots of people rent guitars, its a good way to to get into it if you cant afford a decent one to start out on.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Cmogi10
why are you renting guitars?

i just sold my washburn, and ive been waiting for 3 weeks for my ibanez now.. and it hasnt come yet and the shop people are pissing me off, so I want to rent a guitar before I lose my skills

so screw rentin the p.a systems, aye asked for how much would renting a guitar be?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
$45 a month canadian seems a little high but not unreasonable i suppose.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
what the hell is wrong with you.
45 a month is nothing.
why dont you just buy the guitar.
EDIT: oh you already bought it.....
well 45 is cheaper than buying some strat copy to tide you over.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules