I'm thinking about buying a 30GB ipod, but I need to know some stuff first.

I have just over 1000 songs, almost all of them mp3 format. Can I just buy the ipod and sync it with all my existing mp3s? Or do I have to do something with itunes?
import your mp3's into itunes library and then move them onto the ipod?

pretty god damn a to b answer
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You have to put the songs in itunes and then you can put them on your ipod, all very simple
If i were you i wouldnt get an Ipod. They break down after 6 months, somtimes not even. If you do get Warranty!!!!!!!!!!
What they mean is that you have to import all of your songs into your iTunes music library (which is free and easy to do) you might choose to reformat your songs (I did) for storage space reasons, although I can fit almost 400 songs onto my two-gig, so if you have thirty gigs, it shouldn't be a problem.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by LORD V4DER
I'm thinking about buying a 30GB ipod, but I need to know some stuff first.

I have just over 1000 songs, almost all of them mp3 format. Can I just buy the ipod and sync it with all my existing mp3s? Or do I have to do something with itunes?

huh? dont think you need that much
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
not even iTunes, you can use Real Player, the new windows media player (with a plugin) or other things - but yes, the mp3 format will work on iPods, NOT WMA's!!!!
With Real player you can set it up to convert them when synching anyway though, pm me if you have more q's because i overcame a lot of barriers with mine (especially using win98 which isnt supported by iPods)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by The_bushidoka
What they mean is that you have to import all of your songs into your iTunes music library (which is free and easy to do) you might choose to reformat your songs (I did) for storage space reasons, although I can fit almost 400 songs onto my two-gig, so if you have thirty gigs, it shouldn't be a problem.

i have 777 songs on my 2gig and its not full
Quote by Dewy141
If i were you i wouldnt get an Ipod. They break down after 6 months, somtimes not even. If you do get Warranty!!!!!!!!!!

I know in Europe anyway they are guaranteed for a year by apple w/out buying a warranty
Quote by LORD V4DER
How long will this take on slow-ass internet?

what?
pm me and i can guide you through whatever you want w/out being flamed
Ipods are great--but their one downfall is that they are only compatible with apple software. So, if you want an Ipod, you're going to have to download Itunes (free, quick, easy), then IF ALL YOUR SONGS ARE IN ONE FOLDER, import them into Itunes and update. It's easy. And I don't care what anyone says, Ipods are better than any other MP3 player... Zunes, Zens, Sansa, any of that. And go for the 30gig, so you can put more on laterrrr.
Quote by Paiger
they are only compatible with apple software.

Not true as i said above
Quote by Paiger
Ipods are great--but their one downfall is that they are only compatible with apple software. So, if you want an Ipod, you're going to have to download Itunes (free, quick, easy), then IF ALL YOUR SONGS ARE IN ONE FOLDER, import them into Itunes and update. It's easy. And I don't care what anyone says, Ipods are better than any other MP3 player... Zunes, Zens, Sansa, any of that. And go for the 30gig, so you can put more on laterrrr.

Why are iPods better than zunes? (This is an honest question, I'm not trying to be a prick.) I'm deciding whether to get an 30gb ipod or a zune right now. I'm just wondering why so many people think ipods are better. They don't get radio unless you buy the radio headphone thingy, have a smaller screen, the screen scratches ridiculously easily, and you cant send photos to other people with ipods.

I am just wondering why so many people like ipods more than zunes. I admit I like that the ipod is thinner and i admit that the zune wireless sharing is close to useless, but the ipod's screen collects scratches like a hooker collects STD's.

Please tell me what I'm missing. why are ipods so great?

thanks
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Zunes are just poor microsoft gimmicks

and you dont need itunes for ipods. its the simplest way, but for unix users theres plenty of alternatives
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
Why are iPods better than zunes? (This is an honest question, I'm not trying to be a prick.) I'm deciding whether to get an 30gb ipod or a zune right now. I'm just wondering why so many people think ipods are better. They don't get radio unless you buy the radio headphone thingy, have a smaller screen, the screen scratches ridiculously easily, and you cant send photos to other people with ipods.

I am just wondering why so many people like ipods more than zunes. I admit I like that the ipod is thinner and i admit that the zune wireless sharing is close to useless, but the ipod's screen collects scratches like a hooker collects STD's.

thanks

A Zune's screen is bigger than an iPod, but they have the same resolution, so the Zune screen might not look as good as the iPod. The iPod also has more accessories available (cases to keep your screen from scratching, etc.) I think the Zune has a radio, but I don't listen to the radio anyway. I've never listened to a Zune so I can't say anything about it's sound quality. Personally, I like iTunes, apparently some people hate it, but I'm not really sure why. Here's a step-by-step documentation of somebody's experiences with the Zune software though. The Zune looks like it has a click wheel, but it's not actually a wheel.

I'm not sure what else there is, feel free to ask though.
/\ thanks for the post. I didn't know about the resolution. that's pretty dumb. ur right, it would just look more blury.

Thank you
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

thanks

The only reasons I (PERSONALLY) don't like Zunes is because of the way their music buying works (the ultimated at first thing?) and their sharing makes no sense. You can share--what is it--one song for three days or something?

Plus, I'm just an Ipod snob. I love mine and refuse to admit it's not great. :-P
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Zunes are just poor microsoft gimmicks

and you dont need itunes for ipods. its the simplest way, but for unix users theres plenty of alternatives

ADDED: As I said, I'm a snob on Ipods. So I have to admit that I feel the same way.